Plastic Champagne Bottle Corks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yabking

Reaction score
I just finished bottling my first batch of IPA. Now I have a Belgian tripel in primary and expect to bottle it sometime in late November.

I have found a potential source for a limitless amount of empty champagne bottles. I really don't want to invest in a corker, and while scanning Northern Brewer's catalogue I saw that I can get plastic corks and wires that do not require a fancy corker.

I know that others here have suggested this method of corking champagne bottles, but I am wondering if anyone has actual experience doing so and what the results have been.

Thanks.

Plastic corks work great. The multiple flanges give a good seal and are easy to insert. I've never had to purchase any, just reuse the ones I've collected over the years.

You can simply use crown caps on them. Standard beer size if USA, larger size (needs larger caps and larger capping bell) if French.

Latest posts

Back