Craigslist Find...worth it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowveil

Reaction score
I'm currently brewing AG and only have one primary and 2 secondaries...I've been planning on upgrading to kegging (4 tap keezer) and am trying to price out getting everything set up. I'd also like another primary since I've been switching to month-long primaries lately.

A guy online is selling the following:

Hydrometer
Bottle Capper
5 Gallon Primary Ferementer
Bottling Bucket
2 X 5 Gallon SS Corny Kegs
CO2 Regulator with Connects for Corny Kegs

He's asking $115 for the whole thing...does this sound reasonable? I figure probably 30 each for each keg is reasonable, co2 regulator another 30-40 (??), so that puts me near $100 and then I'd get the extra stuff (all I need really from it otherwise is the primary, but an extra hydrometer and bottle capper wouldn't be bad to have anyway) for somewhat cheap.

Does this sound reasonable?

well kegconnection has a basic setup with a single regulator and picnic taps for $189. Of course, the regulator, hoses, and connects are new, and it also includes a co2 tank.

Not sure if this guy is including a tank and forgot to mention it (in which case I'd definitely see the $115 well worth it).

will depend greatly on the condition... if its like new but used and close to you, and you don't want to spend time searching, its a good enough deal.

I personally put zero value on plastic parts and figure the top end on most stuff should be somewhere near 50% of new to buy used as a fair market value. most people selling their stuff wont put much value on the plastic stuff either. good kegs that dont leak will be 20-30 dollars private sale. i wouldnt pay more than 20 bucks for a used regulator.

I'm just going by my local prices

Hydrometer $7
Bottle Capper $13
5 Gallon Primary Ferementer $30
Bottling Bucket $7
2 X 5 Gallon SS Corny Kegs $52
CO2 Regulator with Connects for Corny Kegs $20 (4 Connects) $40 for the regulator

So for roughly $170 you could get all of that new so I guess it would be an OK deal if it is in good condition.

Back