Presenting some hand printed labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
Well, I have been thinking about making some labels since I first started brewing a few years ago. Never got around to it until the local homebrew competition I entered recently finally motivated me.

Here they are:

470551522_bcba657b0e.jpg

470551518_194ebd1b61.jpg

466655681_dddce1d96c.jpg

They are all printed from woodblocks and linoleum that I carved. Seperate block for each color. Some are actually wood engravings carved on end grain maple. The text for the name of the beer is printed with old handset letterpress lead type. Now that I have the base image I will probably make new labels to print in the center area for new beers.

I was hoping to win something at the competition for these, but alas, it weren't to be.

Oatmeal stout won third (the beer not the label) so, that was cool. I think they look better in person but I am not the best at scanning, oh well.

Anyways, enjoy.

Those are awesome! Extra credit for all the work it took to make them. Congrats on your oatmeal stout showing in the competition.

very cool. those look fantastic. those aren't just labels, they're works of art. i think you've inspired me.

Dude said:
And put those labels in the BYO label contest!

already did.

Thanks everyone, I had a lot of fun making them. Already carving a few new blocks for some new brews.

I love woodcuts too, but then that is what I do. :D

Awesome. The amount of work you put into those is amazing. I find it difficult enough to work out something on the computer.

Latest posts

Back