Iowa Beer Fest - Jan 28th

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultrazord

Reaction score
Not sure if this is appropriate for the forums, but Iowa is hosting a beer fest next saturday featuring 150 craft/micro brews from the mid west. Tickets are 20 bucks and include a tour of the new brewery being built by the convention center. I only saw this after shopping at the best beer market in Iowa City, so figured more people would appreciate knowing about it. Post or PM for more info.

I've never been to a beer fest like this, so for all you home brewers, what can I take away from this event besides tasting some delicious beers? Can I discuss recipes or anything like that?

It's in Coralville at the marriot river landing. A brewery is moving there and helping host it. I hope it's fun!

Would love to make it to this, hopefully I won't have to work. I have to ask when you say best beer market are you talking about dirty john's grocery. I just want to make sure I am not missing out on something that maybe I should know about.

Yup, John's tends to have the best beer selection in the Iowa City area. Definitely not Bevmo quality, but you have to take what you can get out here. Some Hy-Vee's are focusing more on their micro brews and one actually carries some home brewing supplies. It's kinda neat.

Yup, John's tends to have the best beer selection in the Iowa City area. Definitely not Bevmo quality, but you have to take what you can get out here. Some Hy-Vee's are focusing more on their micro brews and one actually carries some home brewing supplies. It's kinda neat.

more than sugar, honey, spices from tones and etc etc

nice I'll have to look

Back