Scoring Big & Easy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kxx

Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

So, I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to paying for new stuff, and I rarely build my own, as I'm not the greatest handyman. So, I am constantly seeking deals through ebay, craigslist, etc to fulfill my brewing hardware needs.

Just wanted to bring to your attention a cool, free service called Notify.me:

notify.me - your content in real time

It allows you to enter a search term into any forum based site(craigslist, ebay, etc) and it will continuously report back to you, real time, any new posts having to do with your initial search. You can have the info sent to your phone or email.

I scored a sweet freezer for temp control through craigslist using this.

Prosit!

Kx

lol...you are a better man than I!!! I have sat down to write a post about using google alerts many times, (works the same way, you can set it up to report back on search terms as soon as they show up, or once a day, or once a week). You use google by making the search "site:minneapolis.craigslist.com homebrew" and using whatever search term you want instead of "homebrew", and your city instead of "minneapolis".

But then I thought, nah, why give away my secrets to CL steals?!?

nice! I was troubled, sharing this info, but it was nothing a few pints couldn't cure! I"ll have to look at the google tool. Thanks for sharing, no matter how reluctantly ;) !!

Yeah, I actually wrote a full "howto"....then cancelled out of the whole thing....I still need my fridge for a kegerator, an extra reg, and some other odds and sods!!!!!! I swear I would have shared eventually!!

I had a sweet set up for CraigsList -> Yahoo Pipes that would let you enter your city, and it would pop up search results for Cornelius, grolsch, carboy, etc.

But Craigslist wasn't letting Yahoo Pipes get the RSS feeds, so that ended that.

I just subscribe to the RSS feeds for my favorite searches.

Yeah, all of a sudden CL stopped updating my rss feed; dunno why. ebay has its own notification system now instead of rss, which is boo. Homebrewing is about sharing, so thanks :mug:

Latest posts

Back