Portable Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattgoof

Reaction score
I recently started kegging and have realized I want something a little nicer than a picnic tap. The thing is, I live in a house with underage roommates and a landlord (another roommate's dad) who visits occasionally and would not approve of a kegerator, as I'm already pushing it with the small brewery in my room.

I thought a decent solution to this would be to set up some sort of portable tower with an attached drip tray that I could clamp on to a table and remove it when the landlord shows up. Plus, it will be a lot easier to move around the house.

Has anyone here built anything like this? Then again, would it even work?

I don't want to keep him from getting it, I don't even want him to know I have it.

If your going to use a tower buy a large vase remove the bottom cheap plastic flowers a table cloth with a hole in it. Just make shure it's so ugly no one will want to get close to it.

If your going to use a tower buy a large vase remove the bottom cheap plastic flowers a table cloth with a hole in it. Just make shure it's so ugly no one will want to get close to it.

HAH! I was going to say put a cabinet over it so it look slike you just added storage, and then when you want a beer and he's not there, open the cabinet grab a glass and enjoy!

Ooh, I like that. Combine that with the 'cabinets' and I'd be set.

What about a false front on the fridge? Open the real door and all you see there is a piece of plywood with a tap on it. Pour a pint and shut the door. When you need to actually get to the keg, you could just remove (or swing open if on hinges) the piece of plywood. Of course, you could put a lock on the fridge door if you wanted complete anonymity.

Back