hefeweizen/wheat beer time opinion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj04062

Reaction score
I'm in a slight conundrum. I started a batch 1 week ago. I didn't look at my calendar. I leave the country on business for 8 days starting on Thursday.

Should I bottle the beer 3 days AHEAD of a 2 week primary fermentation or wait until I get back which would be a 3 WEEK primary fermentation?

Thanks!

I typically let my wheat beers go for 4 weeks in the primary and have never had any problems. I have also bottle wheat beer after only 2 weeks in the primary and found it to be lacking in taste compared to 4 weeks.

Let it be til you get back, and dont sweat a brewing schedule, (yeast work on their own schedule, not yours) let the yeast clean up a bit after themselves while you are out, and bottle or keg when you get back. no hurry, no worries.

My wheat beers are usually done fermenting in 4 days and get kegged at 7. If yours was done fermenting in 4 days I say bottle it now and drink it when you get back.

My wheat beers are usually done fermenting in 4 days and get kegged at 7. If yours was done fermenting in 4 days I say bottle it now and drink it when you get back.

I guess I'm not the only 'when it's ready it's ready' guy! I figured I would skip that advice and opt for longer is better. But in the end, when the yeast decide the beer is ready its ready.

Back