Abita Restoration Ale Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanielb1

Reaction score
Here is the planned on partial mash recipe...any suggestions?

3# light DME
5# 2 Row
1/2# Crystal (20-30L) & Carapils

1oz Centennial - Full Boil
1oz American Cascade - Last 15
1oz American Cascade - Dry Hop

Wyeast 1056

Being fairly new to this, I can't comment on the actual recipe, but kudos on looking to replecate a great beer!! I drank the Restoration Ale (All Day) when my wife and I got married outside Jackson Square last Halloween.

Let me know how it turns out!

Did you look at the website? They use:pale, Lager, Crystal and Cara Pils malted barley.

Here is what I do:

6.6lbs LME
.5 Cara Pils
.5 Crystal 20

4 aau bittering hops (30 min)
.5 Cascade dry hop

WLP001 California Ale Yeast

It comes out pretty close

Being fairly new to this, I can't comment on the actual recipe, but kudos on looking to replecate a great beer!! I drank the Restoration Ale (All Day) when my wife and I got married outside Jackson Square last Halloween.

Let me know how it turns out!

:off:

weird, my wife and I were on our honeymoon in New Orleans last halloween. She was passed out cold in the hotel by 8:00 pm though. to bad she missed all the fun
IMG_2299.JPG

Photo information

Oct 31, 2008
1024×768 pixels – 127KB
Filename: IMG_2299.JPG
Camera: Canon
Model: Canon PowerShot SD550
ISO: n/a
Exposure: 1/160 sec
Aperture: 7.1
Focal Length: 7.7mm
Flash Used: No
Latitude: n/a
Longitude: n/a

thats the fountain in jackson square behind us... :mug:

19504824.jpg

This is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone else had any feedback on this. Had the restoration for the first today on the abita tour, and it was very good.

:off:

weird, my wife and I were on our honeymoon in New Orleans last halloween. She was passed out cold in the hotel by 8:00 pm though. to bad she missed all the fun
IMG_2299.JPG

Photo information

Oct 31, 2008
1024×768 pixels – 127KB
Filename: IMG_2299.JPG
Camera: Canon
Model: Canon PowerShot SD550
ISO: n/a
Exposure: 1/160 sec
Aperture: 7.1
Focal Length: 7.7mm
Flash Used: No
Latitude: n/a
Longitude: n/a

thats the fountain in jackson square behind us... :mug:

19504824.jpg

Sorry for the year and a half late reply!

We got married about 100 feet on your left in that picture lol. Right outside the gates of Jackson Square Park. From the looks of the sky, it may have been right around that time. I think it was either 2 or 3pm on 10/31/08.

Sorry for the year and a half late reply!

We got married about 100 feet on your left in that picture lol. Right outside the gates of Jackson Square Park. From the looks of the sky, it may have been right around that time. I think it was either 2 or 3pm on 10/31/08.

Actually, it was me who bumped this old thread a few minutes ago. :p

Back