michigan winter beer fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriktlupus

Reaction score
the fest is scheduled for sat feb 28, 2009 from noon to 5pm at 5/3 ball park in grand rapids.

are we gonna have a meet this year?

edit; tickets are $35 in advance

My brother inlaw wants to go so it looks like I will be there. where would ya want to meet at?

My brother inlaw wants to go so it looks like I will be there. where would ya want to meet at?

no idea where to meet i haven't made one of these yet, my work always seems to schedule something on that sat last few yrs. i'm open to suggestions from members familar with the layout of the park and area.

I'd like to go, but we'll see. Last year's was basically behind the outfield in the stands. They have a party patio in center field area, and they also use the sidewalk down the right field area. It's not actually on the field or in the stands, but on the sidewalks and there is also a building behind the center field fence that houses a cafeteria area with bathrooms and food and you can get warm there.

Had a great time last year, but I'm not even thinking about it yet (it was -22F this morning). If it warms up by then I will think about going.

That Brewhaha looks awesum! I'm planning on going to that too.

I'm not sure I'm going this year. Our income has been trimmed back and frankly this year's BrewHaHa at the Deltaplex put last year's Winter Beer Festival to shame. Mostly because of the cold! I did have a drunken good time at both events though.

The BrewHaHa had roughly the same amount of beer, but at less than half the price, plus you got a souvenir glass with logo. No lines at the bathrooms. Did I mention it was indoors? No freezing cold and icy sidewalks.

REmind me agian how much fun I had at last year's Winter Beer Fesitval?

Right now Saturday is looking warm! High of 30, thats almost shorts weather!! Me and the cousin in law have been tossing around the I dea of heading out there.

I'll be there. I've got a couch to crash on at my sister's place in GR. ;)

I'm on the right, but I'll be bundled up in my ski gear.
9800d1234627233-hbters-person-p2110013-1.jpg

Ski gear:
Salt%20Lake%20City%201-31-09-50.jpg

EDIT: Henry Hill is going to be serving for Michigan Brewing Company.

I liked the layout much better this year. Definately more room and the lines seemed to move pretty quickly. Well, the lines for the beers at least. The lines to "recycle" were painfully (literally) slow. I got in line before I needed to and was glad I did.:(

None of the hoppy stuff really stuck out to me this year. I really enjoyed the double Octoberfest from Copper Canyon and the Imperial Alt from Arbor Brewing was very good. I also finally had some sours that I liked, although I liked the Saison from Big Rock last year better than the farmhouse they brought this year.

The most noteworthy part of the day though came from SWMBO. After waiting in line for 15 minutes at Dark Horse to try the Blueberry Stout she wasn't taking no for an answer when they told her it wasn't tapped yet:D. Looks like no HBTers were present with their cameras because it's not in the boneyard;) She did skip the line and drank for free there the rest of the afternoon:tank: Funniest part about it is that they're local and she can drink there any time she wants to. Oh well.

Still haven't made it over for the summer fest yet, so I can't compare it to how that venue works.

Latest posts

Back