Welcome to the Jungle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchilla77

Reaction score
Hello to all

Brand new to the art of brewing. I ordered my first kit from homebrewheaven.com and should be ariving this friday the feb. 23. I plan on brewing Saturday the 24th. I am college student and Marine Reservist who's love for beer dates back long before I was legal. I hope to gain some valuble advice from some of you senior members, and that one day I too will be able provide some knowledge to a new brewer like myself.

Semper Fi Brewers

Welcome! yes, check out howtobrew.com. I still read it often.

Welcome, and thank you for your service, my husband just got out of active duty with the Marine Corps. :)
You'll enjoy homebrewing, I've only brewed two and I'm HOOKED!

bigchilla77 said:
Hello to all

Brand new to the art of brewing. I ordered my first kit from homebrewheaven.com and should be ariving this friday the feb. 23. I plan on brewing Saturday the 24th. I am college student and Marine Reservist who's love for beer dates back long before I was legal. I hope to gain some valuble advice from some of you senior members, and that one day I too will be able provide some knowledge to a new brewer like myself.

Semper Fi Brewers
As a reservist myself in the Air National Guard, I would like to welcome you to HBT and tell you that I appreciate your service to the country. :mug:
What are you brewing for your first batch?

Bigchilla77, Homebrew heaven eh? Are you a washingtonian? Thats where I got my setup from...

Thanks for all the greetings. I am not from WA, im from North Carolina so homebrewheaven may not have been the smartest choice to order from, but I liked the small store feel and the 800 number to call in case of any problem. My first brew is gonna be the St. Peters Pilsner, a kit brew from the heaven website. The ideal time of year to brew a pilsner is about up so im gonna get on it quick. However, Im looking for a good summertime brew that I can serve at a clambake party I am throwing at the end of May. I was thinking a good APA or Hefe, but i dunno. Any Ideas?

Back