My beer is green!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerninja

Reaction score
ok so i just brewed up a nice heff, and i added the hops .5 oz of saaz im using hop pellets for the 1st time and my beer went from a nice yellowish/brown to green when i added the hops! its in the primary and its still green! has this happened to anyone else? dose it go away? have i stumbled on how to make st. patty's day beer?

:mug: Take the Beer from my hand young Grasshopper :mug:

That happens to our blonde everytime we brew it. It should go away when you chill it to kill of yeast. If you get it cold enough, everything falls out and you can siphon it out. Or at least thats how it has worked for us. Good luck!

lol thanks but i dont chill it to kill the yeast for bottle conditioning. i think ill just stay with whole hops

When you bottle it and put it in your fridge, the sediments will settle on the bottom of the bottle. Just don't pour out the last centimeter or so of beer at the bottom of the bottle and it'll be fine.

Back