Which beer to brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just got back and I'm trying to decide which beer kit to make to get back into the swing of things. My LHBS has a Trappist-style ale and a Bitter and I'm torn: I love Belgian ales but a bitter would be fun to brew. They're both extract kits as I'm not just ready to commit to AG at this point.

Any suggestions/opinions?

http://wineandhop.com/CatalogBeer/aleKits.shtml

Here are the beer kit descriptions:

Thames River Bitter
We’ve jazzed up this bitter to make it smooth, slightly sweet, malty ,and flavorful. It’s a shop favorite and we put it on tap often. It is darker and more complex than our Amber Ale. N Brewer and Willamette hops. Comes with a Liquid yeast. O.G.: 1.050 IBU’s: 35- 38. $39.95

Voyageur Trappist Ale
This is a high gravity beer suitable for winter sippin, or taking it easy on the front porch. It has over 9 lbs. of malt extract in it, additional malt grains, and Trappist ale yeast. It has a moderately sweet finish with a residual hoppiness. Made from malt extract, N Brewer and Goldings hops, brown sugar, and liquid beer yeast. O.G. 1.060 IBU’s 8. $45.95

Do you have anything in the pipeline? I try and pick based on what I have left. Of course if it's a style I've never tried before, than I would go for that. Sorry for the wishy washy reply.

Back