Here in Washington

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delux432

Reaction score
Hey there,
I've been doing the beer thing for about three years now. Previously I just made up the recipes that they had at the brewing store. All the stuff I've done has been extract or partial mash. Lately I've been reading up on more of the technical aspect of brewing. I moved up to school this year. The water here is really hard, it leaves chalky residue on everything. I've noticed the difference in flavor in the beer I've made here so far. I'm looking forward to getting into all-grain brewing. I understand it is easier to control more variables, and it can potientally cost less too. I also just got some corny kegs and a modded chest freezer that will double for making lagers, as well as for kegging.
Later,
Austin

Welcome to the forum!

You'll learn a ton here, for sure.

I've recently begun learning about water and how it affects brewing too, a good program to use is BreWater 3.0 if you google for it.

Back