Piping Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goingcommando

Reaction score
Hey all - Wondered if you could take a look at my attached piping setup (before I order all the fittings) to see if I'm missing anything big. Simple design to start, with the intent of incorporating a HERMS system later on. (The dashed lines show piping to be added at a later time for the HERMS.)

I tried to stay all stainless until the exit of the Heat Exchanger (a therminator in this case). 1/2" all the way with the exception of the 3/8" pickup tube in each keggle and the nipple through the keg wall. In the future I may change that as well, but it's what is there now so I'm just getting reducers to size it up to 1/2".

I thought I was all set, and then remembered that I probably wanted to flush the HX out at the end, so I added a garden hose fitting to do that. Then I thought maybe running it through the pump would be better, but I started adding fittings left and right, so thought I'd see if what I have so far is making sense before I keep adding "features". Any feedback would be great.

Thanks,
-gc

Brew-piping-v1.jpg

Back