Regulator Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07JKX

Reaction score
Hi all... first post and completely new to all this. Just built a kegerator and believe I have a pretty balanced system now. However, I seem to be having a few troubles with my co2 reg.

I have searched and found threads about too much pressure or not enough, etc.

I have the regulator set at 12 psi... after pouring each beer, the psi continually drops but does not appear to go back up. After 6 or so beers poured it is around 2-3 psi. I have to adjust the regulator, which then releases co2 back into the keg... but usually too high then.

I have cleaned it out, but it still does the same thing. Shouldnt the pressure be constant ?

Thanks in advance!

Shouldnt the pressure be constant ?

Yes. It sounds like you have something sticking somewhere. It's possible that you have a sticky poppet, check valve or diaphragm. Is the regulator used? It may have gotten beer in it at some point causing the diaphragm to stick until the pressure gets above a certain point.

Yes. It sounds like you have something sticking somewhere. It's possible that you have a sticky poppet, check valve or diaphragm. Is the regulator used? It may have gotten beer in it at some point causing the diaphragm to stick until the pressure gets above a certain point.

I disassemble and it was quite dirty in there. I cleaned it off with a dry cloth to remove the debris and it is still doing it. Nothing felt sticky per se. Perhaps I should give it a good cleaning and see how that works?

It was used. I have never messed around with these so I really just needed to know how they are supposed to work. Now that I know the problem is the reg. I will detail strip and clean it tonight. Thanks for your reply!

Latest posts

Back