adding pumpkin to secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeekysheep

Reaction score
i want to make a pumpkin ale but atm i don't have the time. not even for extract but i do have 2 5 gallon batch's of edworts haus ale. one has been in primary for 3 weeks the other for 4 weeks.

anyone know how it would turn out if i was to bake some pumpkin cube it and drop into a secondary then rack the 3 week old ale on top of it. possible use some pie spice ?

Skip the pumpkin pieces. They won't add much, if anything. Make a spice tea and dump that in if you want. But go easy. That stuff is overpowering.

If you don't have the time now (which you don't...I brewed mine on labor day planning a month for fermentation and a month for bottle conditioning) go with Shecky's spiced tea idea..in fact if you could find a pumpkin pie flavored tea that would be all the better.

If you did pumpkin not in the mash or boil/primary, you would need to rack to a tertiary if you added it to secondary or it will be cloudy....

I'm a pumpkin ale purist...if you want to do it next year, you need to think a couple months ahead...for now you can do a pumpkin Spiced ale, like my man the sheklster suggested!

This is what you need. Here's some brands...

PumpkinSpiceR-782723.jpg

41380-99130.jpg

Decaf_Pumpkin_Spice.jpg

Latest posts

Back