DIY tap tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertHSmith

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished moving from Rochester, MN to St. Louis, MO and I have premission from the wife to start gathering parts for a kegerator. I am starting to plan the whole thing out and was wondering how I am going to keep the beer cold in the tap tower...or if it is even necessary?

My current plan is to find an old brass lamp at a goodwill/yard sale/craigs list and use that for a tap tower.

any good deals to be had on forward sealing faucets right now?

Nah I dont think so, I've been looking to replace one of my taps with a forward sealing one and the going rate seems to be around 35bucks. If I find a deal I'll post it here for ya.

I went with a "tap box" instead of a "tap tower".... just something to think about.

(pics in my gallery)

For the style of the bar I have, it made more sense, it was really really cheap (just the wood, stain and a ton of elbow grease) and it's really easy to keep refridgerated. It's insulated with extruded foam insulation sheets and then I have two holes in the base, one is for a 2" PVC pipe that brings forced (little fan set up) cold air from a walk-in cooler into the tap box and a 3" pipe that carries all of the lines and acts as a return for air flow back to the cooler. The entire system is sealed and insulated so i have a constant cold air loop going when I want.

yeah PVC works great. Just paint it whatever color you want and drill a hole the size of the shanks.

Latest posts

Back