The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the Governor said, "Because they're not mine."

Carl and Daryl should have shot the Governor and tank guy as soon as the Governor put that sword to Hershel's neck, if not sooner. No leader, no lackey and no tank. It would have been an easier battle with a better outcome.

chawagi said:
I'm not counting the baby out yet. That was a pretty glaring omission from the Talking Dead In Memorium segment. I think (hope) we'll find Judith somewhere safe with Beth and Daryl. That was why she left the bus after all. On a side note, How much hotter is Maggie now that we've gotten to see her in makeup, a short skirt, and that British accent?

She's Australian which IMO is way better.

I don't think Judith is dead either.

She's Australian which IMO is way better.

I don't think Judith is dead either.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but she's originally from Philadelphia, spent her childhood in Cherry Hill NJ, then moved to the U.K.

So in reality she's just another ordinary American.

Given his personal animosity toward her and the fact that she's the bigger physical threat, why didn't the Gov take out Michonne instead of Herschel?

Just something I had noticed while watching. The buckles on the car seat were undone. As if she were taken out.

Oh and during the firefight the medic's weapon had the bolt locked back. He was still taking aim. I was yelling "swap out your mag" at that point.

Given his personal animosity toward her and the fact that she's the bigger physical threat, why didn't the Gov take out Michonne instead of Herschel?

I thought the same, but if I were looking for an excuse for the writers, I'd guess that they would say that Herschel had already told the Gov. that he had two daughters looking on.

Maybe he thought that Herschel meant more to Rick than Michonne did? Good question though. Maybe he was saving her for his new aquarium...

Personally, I though he would dump her off the end of the dock with the other guy had they won the prison.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but she's originally from Philadelphia, spent her childhood in Cherry Hill NJ, then moved to the U.K.

So in reality she's just another ordinary American.

Half American Half British and not at all ordinary in either case. hubba hubba!

I wish the writers from Breaking bad could have stepped in. I would have fired every writer on TWD and taken the ones from Breaking Bad in an instant.

that's interesting, in the heat of the moment, why wouldn't you just grab it by the handle and go?

Just something I had noticed while watching. The buckles on the car seat were undone. As if she were taken out.

Oh and during the firefight the medic's weapon had the bolt locked back. He was still taking aim. I was yelling "swap out your mag" at that point.

I caught that, too. Don't believe the walkers would have gone through the trouble of unbuckling, and there wasn't nearly enough blood for them to have dismembered her to remove her

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
Anyway, I'm guessing that little argument about how the Gov. is just misunderstood might be over now!

LOL. Never said misinderstood, just not inherently "Evil" as everyone else wanted to label him. More misguided than misunderstood. Definitely well suited to exist in the apocalypse, but a whole lot of dead now.

Like someone above said, if you didn't like the 'Guv, you're gonna **** when/if you meet Negan.

:mug:

Maybe he thought that Herschel meant more to Rick than Michonne did? Good question though. Maybe he was saving her for his new aquarium...

Personally, I though he would dump her off the end of the dock with the other guy had they won the prison.

I know you guys don't really like to compare to the comic series, but I won't reveal any spoilers. Herschel is killed by the Governor in the comic, while Michonne lives on after the survivors flee the prison, so the way they did it made sense.

I know you guys don't really like to compare to the comic series, but I won't reveal any spoilers. Herschel is killed by the Governor in the comic, while Michonne lives on after the survivors flee the prison, so the way they did it made sense.
If I remember correctly, would have to dig out my books, per the comic version, Herschel is not killed by the Governor, he is first bitten, then dragged off by mercenaries to a small camp where they hack off his limbs and eat them, then send him back as a message. But he gets the last laugh when he tells them that they are eating a person who has been bitten, thus they are all infected. To which Rick and the gang come in and waste them all anyway. I think it was the first sign in the comics of Rick doing some torturous things to other living people.

The other thing I keep seeing people say is they are glad the Governor is dead. I watched the episode twice, we never actually saw him die, or anyone put a bullet in his head. We saw him coughing blood, wincing in pain and a few walkers approaching. There are still a few from his group alive that could come get him just in the nick of time and help him recover to return again, like the sister of the chic he was banging who got shell shocked and just walked off from the battle.

If she didn't shoot him (which to me was pretty obvious), he'd need serious medical attention that no one could provide under those conditions. He's dead. Besides, on Talking Dead it was plainly spoken about that the Governor was dead and gone.

I believe the reason they blanked the screen like that without showing him dead was because it was from his point of view.

If she didn't shoot him (which to me was pretty obvious), he'd need serious medical attention that no one could provide under those conditions. He's dead. Besides, on Talking Dead it was plainly spoken about that the Governor was dead and gone.

I believe the reason they blanked the screen like that without showing him dead was because it was from his point of view.

Agreed. if I remember correctly, the girlfriend/ Mehgan's mom (can't remember her name) kills him in the comics as well.

The governor was great, but his story line is played out. Any more beyond this point would just be ridiculous; especially a miraculous rescue/resurrection. I think that would push me to quit the show.

The Governor needed to die in order to create a vacancy for the Saviors to fill. I don't know why, I just get the feeling we will be seeing them very soon.

that's interesting, in the heat of the moment, why wouldn't you just grab it by the handle and go?

They had a shot of two young kids struggling to carry the carrier.
Have you ever carried a baby in one of those? They're bulky as hell.

Oh yea I forgot, they where carrying Judith right before they officially lost their innocence. Genius to have child warriors really, you know that woman wasn't going to shoot those kids, she just stood there dumfounded until that kid got a perfect head-shot on her. I know it's close range, but did she have any practice shooting at all? And she knew how to handle recoil, the kids naturally good with a firearm!

Oh yea I forgot, they where carrying Judith right before they officially lost their innocence. Genius to have child warriors really, you know that woman wasn't going to shoot those kids, she just stood there dumfounded until that kid got a perfect head-shot on her. I know it's close range, but did she have any practice shooting at all? And she knew how to handle recoil, the kids naturally good with a firearm!

Exactly. That headshot is what made me think that girl was the one who killed Karen and the other one, and who did that "artwork" that Tyrese found.

Saviors? Have they been in the show yet?

I didn't thinks, so...

The extreme deviations between the books & graphic novels, and the TV series mean that nothing in print is ever guaranteed to play out the same way on screen.

The written series was begun over 10 years ago. The events that we are currently watching on the show were released in print about 5 years ago, so I'm finding it hard to believe that I am the first person in the world to let the cat out of this bag. I wasn't even a fan of the show until just before Season 3 started and had already heard about the...whoops... "They who shall not be mentioned" before I even watched an episode; but, I see where you are coming from. In the future I will try to refrain from mentioning anything that hasn't been solidly introduced in the show.

Phew...Glad I kept my mouth shut about Darth Vader being Luke's father and Oz just being a man behind a curtain. Dammit! I didn't ruin that for anyone, did I?

Did they ever reveal who was feeding rats to walkers through the fence?

I don't believe so, but given her conersation with Carl in Ep. 1, her drawings, and her behavior (especially the "Here, Boy" during the episode right before the Governors story arc)I really think that was Lizzie. That girl just gets creepier and creepier.

Crazy thought, but given the rat dissections and everything, I'm wondering if they're going to spin her into the one who discovers some kind of a cure.

The extreme deviations between the books & graphic novels, and the TV series mean that nothing in print is ever guaranteed to play out the same way on screen.

The written series was begun over 10 years ago. The events that we are currently watching on the show were released in print about 5 years ago, so I'm finding it hard to believe that I am the first person in the world to let the cat out of this bag. I wasn't even a fan of the show until just before Season 3 started and had already heard about the...whoops... "They who shall not be mentioned" before I even watched an episode; but, I see where you are coming from. In the future I will try to refrain from mentioning anything that hasn't been solidly introduced in the show.

Phew...Glad I kept my mouth shut about Darth Vader being Luke's father and Oz just being a man behind a curtain. Dammit! I didn't ruin that for anyone, did I?

There were issues early on in the series with people posting big spoilers from the comics or talking about possibilities. It got very contentious and even spawned a second thread where no comic talk was allowed. That one died out once people got the point to cut it out.

As it stands, everything is so muddled up now it doesn't really matter anymore in my opinion. In the beginning it was a real problem and very annoying. Comic readers were acting like us who only watch the show had no right to complain.

There were issues early on in the series with people posting big spoilers from the comics or talking about possibilities. It got very contentious and even spawned a second thread where no comic talk was allowed. That one died out once people got the point to cut it out.

As it stands, everything is so muddled up now it doesn't really matter anymore in my opinion. In the beginning it was a real problem and very annoying. Comic readers were acting like us who only watch the show had no right to complain.

Believe me, I see the point. I really will try not to bring comic stuff in anymore

I thought I was one of the most uninformed fans. I'm late coming to this party all around...didn't even hear of the Walking Dead (show or books) until about mid-2012. I had to do a lot of catching up because I started out 2+ years late to the show. And had to do a lot of back watching and reading to get to the point where I could watch the show as it was airing on Sunday nights, which is actually just this season. Luckily there is plenty of info out there and leads to my disbelief that anyone at this point doesn't have some knowledge of the future possibilities. Even some entertainment news items on this weeks episode began to speculate about "They who shall not be mentioned" as the new antagonists for next year.

but, I see where you are coming from. In the future I will try to refrain from mentioning anything that hasn't been solidly introduced in the show

Thanks.

There are a lot of us that watch the show that have not read the comic books (unlike seeing Star Wars or the Wizard of Oz)

Believe me, I see the point. I really will try not to bring comic stuff in anymore

I thought I was one of the most uninformed fans. I'm late coming to this party all around...didn't even hear of the Walking Dead (show or books) until about mid-2012. I had to do a lot of catching up because I started out 2+ years late to the show. And had to do a lot of back watching and reading to get to the point where I could watch the show as it was airing on Sunday nights, which is actually just this season. Luckily there is plenty of info out there and leads to my disbelief that anyone at this point doesn't have some knowledge of the future possibilities. Even some entertainment news items on this weeks episode began to speculate about "They who shall not be mentioned" as the new antagonists for next year.

You're assuming too much about people. Many people, like myself, just watch the show. I will sometimes watch Talking Dead afterwards, but that's about it.

That said, I'm cool with hearing about other stories from the comics, so long as someone doesn't jump in and say "Hershel is dying tonight!!!" or something similar. I know better than to come into this thread if I haven't watched this week's episiode yet.

What really bothers me is when someone drops bombs on facebook. A friend of mine posted "Poor Hershel". Luckily for me, she lives on the West coast, and I had already watched the episode.

I haven't read the comics. A co-worker has read some of them and I've read some of the wikis. We know enough to see the show is not following the book on rails and can speculate some future events.

Still though, I like watching the show as the show. As if it's a stand alone story.

I tried reading the comics a few months ago and I couldn't get into them. I'm sure if I had read it before seeing the show it would have been awesome. The plot was similar enough to the show to make it less suspenseful, but everything was a little different and it was hard to adjust to all the characters being slightly different than what I was used to. Like when Andrea had sex with Dale it totally weirded me out. I pretty much stopped reading at that point.

I tried reading the comics a few months ago and I couldn't get into them. I'm sure if I had read it before seeing the show it would have been awesome. The plot was similar enough to the show to make it less suspenseful, but everything was a little different and it was hard to adjust to all the characters being slightly different than what I was used to. Like when Andrea had sex with Dale it totally weirded me out. I pretty much stopped reading at that point.

I'm only slightly familiar with the comics. I only read them to catch up on lost time from joining the show late. When someone mentions something I haven't seen in the show I will read to familiarize myself with it.

That is one thing I like about this series, however. I usually tend to shy away from things like this (book based on a show/ movie, or a movie/ show based on a book) because there is always huge disappointment from one side or the other.

One of the forms of media either changes so much in order to distance itself from the other that it becomes unrecognizable as the same story (Under the Dome), or huge plot points are left out because it is assumed that only fans will watch or read (Harry Potter movies 5-8) which makes them incoherent to anybody who isn't a fan of the original form of media.

I think The Walking Dead has managed a pretty good balance of this all around allowing people to be fans and still enjoy the same basic story in any combination: books, show, or books & show.

The comic book posters were a PITA earlier on in the thread when the two media were more closely linked. Now though, I enjoy reading the comparisons as things have progressed in the differences between the two media.

What used to be an annoyance has become a supplementary value that nowadays makes this thread more interesting IMO....Now that it is understood that the comic book series are no longer spoilers. :)

If I remember correctly, would have to dig out my books, per the comic version, Herschel is not killed by the Governor, he is first bitten, then dragged off by mercenaries to a small camp where they hack off his limbs and eat them, then send him back as a message. But he gets the last laugh when he tells them that they are eating a person who has been bitten, thus they are all infected. To which Rick and the gang come in and waste them all anyway. I think it was the first sign in the comics of Rick doing some torturous things to other living people.

Nope, Governor kills Herschel with a gun.

Just a general statement about the most recent season. I really when the Governor which I feel .this season was based around changed his ways after Woodbury. I was highy disappointed when he wen back to his harsher dictator ways. The ironic side was you saw maybe a glimpse of the "old" personality in the beginning when he put his life on the line to get O2 for a dying man, took care of people he did not know and o open himself up to a child though it seemed more of a replacement for his true daughter. I was pretty disappointed that the old Governor reared his ugly head in the last few episodes. Looking back upon all the seasons the story line was relevant to the overall storyline, but so much focusing on sickness, disease, a possible serial killer in the making ( dissected rat ) and, the departure and change of Carol made this season a bit more boring for me than previous seasons though relevant none the less.

I wasn't really into this season at first. I did get into it eventually though. I liked the idea of them barricaded in the prison but vulnerable to disease. It was like life before modern medicine, and the prison was like a medieval castle. I just didn't get drawn in right away like usual. I think it's because I was used to such a small tight-knit group, and then all of a sudden there were like 30 new people that I didn't know or care about. I had no idea who anyone was for the first few episodes. I guess they were running out of people to kill though, so maybe they had to do it.

Back