29mm Bottles?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirt55

Reaction score
So i purchased one of these
http://www.northernbrewer.com/default/29mm-bell-female-threads-red-barron-new-agata.html

thinking that I could now use 29mm crowns to bottle my brew in 750ml bottles because it states it's for belgium/champage bottles...but I can't find a bottle anywhere using google or similar that actually take crowns. Every one i find takes corks with or without a cage?!?! Did I just buy a useless product since I don't live the in UK?

Well most of the belgians I see have a cork and cage. There should be champagne bottles around that take 29mm caps though, I think I have one or two but you probably won't come across them too often.

All the standard champagne and cava 750ml bottles in the UK at least have the lip on the top and take the 29mm cap size. Actually so do the half bottle ones kriek comes in. I use all of them quite often even if they are green.

Surely imports into the US are in the 29mm standard bottle too? Might just take a bit more time for you to find and build up a collection of the right ones.

Nope, I have lots of champage bottles with 29mm caps. I got most of mine from a banquet hall, just asked them to set some aside for me.

Back