My Year in Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sfrisby said:
Let's not forget, this wasn't a calendar year deal, this was from his birthday to birthday. I paid for a year subscription!! There's still more beer to drink!

Absolutely. We've still got the whole month of January to go. All or nothing at all...

January 1, 2013 - Brew Day in the Third Bay (First Day IPA) - HB Light Rye

image-3921805227.jpg

I tried cooling in the snow last week and it took forever. Going back to the immersion chiller for the rest of my winter brew days.

It would probably cost a small fortune, but you should take the pics and upload them to one of the sites that let you create real/physical photo albums. That would be a coffee table book I wouldn't be able to put down.

I tried cooling in the snow last week and it took forever. Going back to the immersion chiller for the rest of my winter brew days.

It would probably cost a small fortune, but you should take the pics and upload them to one of the sites that let you create real/physical photo albums. That would be a coffee table book I wouldn't be able to put down.

Yeah, it took me a little over 4 hours to get to 75 degrees (even with stirring every 15 minutes or so). Still better than running off my immersion chiller in 30 degree weather. That's a recipe for disaster...

Great idea on the photo album, maybe I'll make that the project for my next birthday. :)

I feel sorry for people who don't drink because when they get up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day
11.jpg

January, 25, 2013 - Pre-Birthday Pub Crawl - one after another

As this beer odyssey draws to a close, my brother fittingly presented me with an early birthday present of a full days pub crawl to some of my favorite beer bars. Adding to the fun, my brother brought along a friend of his who also happens to be a craft beer distributer. Beery hijinks ensued...

Blanche de Chambly, Unibroue, The Bier Abbey
Franziskaner Dunkle, Wolff's Biergarten
Utica Club, Matt's Brewing, McGeary's
Fuller's London Pride & a Pickle Back Shot, The Olde English
Duchesse De Bourgogne, Brouwerij, The Merry Monk

image-1870427909.jpg

image-1031087041.jpg

image-267512504.jpg

image-3320209991.jpg

image-1044084830.jpg

Back