ball lock keg parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loodachris

12th man loud and proud!
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy the little plastic caps that go on the ends of the handle? The keg I got has a cracked one and it falls off and without it I can't seal the lid.

keg parts by Ludahchris, on Flickr

Any of the major online brew stores should have them. They are called lid feet. I usually use chicompany.net for stuff like that. Also make sure you get the right ones. They come in red and grey and they are different sizes. You can get yours to seal now by putting a penny or two under the leg missing the rubber

eBay. They're all over eBay last I checked. I believe that there's some linked on Homebrewfinds's Top Finds page.

You don't need the feet to seal the lid, though. The feet are only to hold the lid in place when you have no pressure. I leave my lids unlatched and pull up on the handle while seating, then you can either leave it unlatched or latch it -- it doesn't make a difference on any my kegs if I leave the latch wide up, because the internal pressure holds the lid closed, not the feet.

Thanks for the help. I didn't think these would go for so much but I can't find them for less then $10 shipped so i'll either just use a penny or leave them off and use the pressure to seal the keg

The feet really only serve a cosmetic purpose. It is pressure that holds the lid in place properly. I would save your money.

eBay. They're all over eBay last I checked. I believe that there's some linked on Homebrewfinds's Top Finds page.

You don't need the feet to seal the lid, though. The feet are only to hold the lid in place when you have no pressure. I leave my lids unlatched and pull up on the handle while seating, then you can either leave it unlatched or latch it -- it doesn't make a difference on any my kegs if I leave the latch wide up, because the internal pressure holds the lid closed, not the feet.

See, information like THAT is why I love this forum! :mug:

Back