Labels and coasters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricktempleton

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get really well-done labels and/or coasters? I'm making a batch to give out as gifts for Christmas and I want 'em to look cool.

Thank you!

I design my own labels in Photoshop, print out a single "6-up" page (6 labels on one page) and do color copies at Staples. The copied labels won't run when they get wet. I cut them out by hand and glue them on the bottles with a little glu-stic. Glu-stic will stick them well enough and they're not hard to remove later.

You can have ceramic coasters printer with your artwork at Cafepress.

For coasters. Go to walmart, target, walgreens and get the clear coasters that you can insert your own pic in, but instead print out your label and put that in.

Cool. You might also see if Staples or some other print shop can print heavy card coasters of your own design. Or maybe you can glue one of your labels onto cardboard? (I make my labels 3.5 inches square)

BTW, I strongly recommend against printing your bottle labels on adhesive-backed paper. A friend of mine did that, they're an incredible pain to remove.

I strongly suggest that people buy color laser pritners instead of inkjet printers. Then you can print color labels that won't run right in your home.

Then you can stick them to the bottles using milk as an adhesive. (yup-- milk-- and it won't smell once it dries). getting a milk label off a bottle is trivial.

Milk?! Gross...but sometimes the good things are gross, I guess. I'll give it a whack.

What about coasters? I want the thick ones like at the bar.

I've heard milk too, I can't be bothered to take off the original labels in the first place.

Check you LHBS or Staples for "Dried Gummed Label Paper". You print to it, cut your labels, wet you bottle and stick. It's fairly easy to apply and remove.

Latest posts

Back