Life is GOOD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewProject

Reaction score
dcam1739cj8.jpg

All my Grolsch drinking pays off tomorrow when I bottle...

homebrewer_99 said:
Man, I've got about 6 cases of those...plus another 15 plus cases of flippies from Germany...you're off to a good start...:D :drunk:

You should really take the grommets off and sanitize them separately.

i will do that, thanks...:mug:

I've got a bunch of them under my bed. Grolsch isn't the nicest beer but you can't beat them for bottling.

I agree with the grommits, give them a good boil and you'll see some gunk come off.

How many of those type bottles would you need for a 5 gallon batch? looks like i might need to drink some grolch to make my bottling for my first batch a little easier.

foyt20 said:
How many of those type bottles would you need for a 5 gallon batch? looks like i might need to drink some grolch to make my bottling for my first batch a little easier.

so far the most i have used in one brew is 36...

I've never had Grolsch, but they sell it at the package store down the street. I've heard that's pretty nasty stuff, but the bottles are nice, they cost a decent penny at the HBS. Is the stuff drinkable, at least?

the_bird said:
I've never had Grolsch, but they sell it at the package store down the street. I've heard that's pretty nasty stuff, but the bottles are nice, they cost a decent penny at the HBS. Is the stuff drinkable, at least?

They are a bit skunky, but once you get past the first two, the rest go down pretty easy. Make sure it is cold though.

the_bird said:

i guess it all depends on your taste...

it's a medium bodied, blonde lager. i enjoyed all the ones i drank. but after drinking as many as i did to collect the bottles, i am a little burnt out on them...

it's not my favorite beer, nor my least favorite...

for me is was a matter of economics...
12 - 16 oz flip tops @ LHBS $19.00
12 - 16 oz Grolsch beers/bottles $28.50

that works out to 80 cents for each consumed 16 oz beer, less than the cost of a nice microbrew 6 pack of 12 oz'rs... :mug:

EdWort said:
They are a bit skunky, but once you get past the first two, the rest go down pretty easy. Make sure it is cold though.

that's what the SWMBO said, kinda skunky...

but once you drink one or two, it's all good. cold is good too...

Back