1469 back for fall!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided I hate this yeast.

way too fruity, even at 64F. malt flavor is decent, but i'm always left with overly sweet beers. if for some reason I try this yeast again I don't think i'll go above 61F.

oh, didn't flocc for shat for me.

bah. why isn't thames valley 2 year round?? much better yeast.

Man I hope they make Thames Valley II available year round! They should just get rid of 1275 and 1028. Who actually likes those strains anyways?! ;)

I really want to 'like' 1469, but it never has been consistent for me. One batch floccs beautifully clear and the other stays cloudy for months. Also getting a consistent ester and malt profile from batch to batch has been a major PITA. I do agree that you got to ferment this one cool and aerate the heck out of it.

Would 1469 be a good choice for an Oatmeal Stout?

I used this yeast in a Landlord clone that turned out great. I want to brew it again and wash the yeast to use in the Oatmeal Stout and future English Ales.

Is their another strain that would work better for a wide variety of English styles?

Latest posts

Back