Kit Contents Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tre6mafya

Reaction score
I am ready to bottle my Brown Ale today, and I was wondering about the priming sugar they sent me. The directions on the recipe say to mix 2/3 cup of corn sugar in 16 oz of water and 5/8 cup of table sugar in 16 oz of water. But it came with a 5 oz bag of "priming sugar" in the recipe kit, is that filled with both sugars already and I'm supposed to just boil the contents of that whole bag in 16 oz of water?

I have a stupid question what is the volume of CO2 how do I figure that?

Using tasty brew you just put in the style of beer, warmest temp during ferment and bottling vol, it figures out the correct volume of c02 and the correct amount of several different types of sugars.

Once you get used to using this calculator,you can adjust the volumes of co2 number to adjust carbonation up or down. Otherwise,the amounts of sugar are by weight,not volume. You'll need a cheap digital scale tha measures pounds,kilograms,grams,& ounces.

Back