Group buy in Chicago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you please provide a drop-dead date/time? That would help? I am still trying to split a medium crystal sack...

Do you guys all brew pilsners or something?

On Monday I will send them our list so they can start working on the quote. I'm thinking adding an additional sack or two shouldn't complicate things too much. I imagine it will take them a day or two to get back to me with the quote anyways. I think we have a little bit of time.

Has everyone reviewed their orders for discrepancies? I already was informed of a minor one that I promptly corrected. Please go over it. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

I'd still be in for a split of crystal if we could get enough people...

Also I'd like a 1lb bag of cinnamon sticks. I'd take the whole thing or split it halfsies

Anyone know if this would be good for BIAB?

(1590-F-2) Nylon Drawstring Bag 24" x 36" Fine $12.86 <.5mm nominal mesh size

(I've PM'd Ace with the cinnamon addition and MO split with RC0032)

I'll get in on the crystal as well

has the final breakdown tally on the crystal been sent to Ace? I think I might get the ball rolling here with the RFQ this afternoon. Once again, PLEASE check the spreadsheet for entry errors. Thanks.

conpewter and wegz and myself splitting a sack of ???

You guys want c-40 or 60? I could do any of these...

Fawcett Crystal Malt I (42-48°L) ($0.75/lb)
Fawcett Crystal Malt II (62-68°L) ($0.75/lb)
Bairds Carastan (30-40°L) ($0.64/lb)

My preference is the Crystal Malt I or II from Fawcett.

has the final breakdown tally on the crystal been sent to Ace? I think I might get the ball rolling here with the RFQ this afternoon. Once again, PLEASE check the spreadsheet for entry errors. Thanks.

Not yet, need to agree on which to get.

I'm ok with crystal 40 or 60. Slight preference for 60. I just would prefer to not end up with more than 10lbs of it, but we can work something out even after the order I'm sure.

I'm ok with crystal 40 or 60. Slight preference for 60. I just would prefer to not end up with more than 10lbs of it, but we can work something out even after the order I'm sure.

I'm getting ready to email the list of items for the RFQ. We can always include the crystal to the order later on.

Once I receive the quote I will posted on google and send Ace the link to it. After a couple of weeks we're actually getting the ball rolling.

I received a quote from MCM. I was informed that Breiss and specialty items are not available to us. Basically, all we can purchase is sacks of grain (non Breiss of course). Can I take the liberty of replacing all Breiss items with some other equivalent item? Below is the email message I received:

"Bill,
pLease fin attached a quote for the order you placed.
you will see that all Briess products have been removed along with
all specialty items as these are not available for sale to Home brewwers or
Home Brew Clubs.
Please let me know if you are still interested in proceeding with
this ordr.
Jeanette
Attached is Quote # xxxxxxxxx from GWM Co. D/B/A Mid Country Malt Supply"

I received a quote from MCM. I was informed that Breiss and specialty items are not available to us. Basically, all we can purchase is sacks of grain (non Breiss of course). Can I take the liberty of replacing all Breiss items with some other equivalent item? Below is the email message I received:

"Bill,
pLease fin attached a quote for the order you placed.
you will see that all Briess products have been removed along with
all specialty items as these are not available for sale to Home brewwers or
Home Brew Clubs.
Please let me know if you are still interested in proceeding with
this ordr.
Jeanette
Attached is Quote # xxxxxxxxx from GWM Co. D/B/A Mid Country Malt Supply"

Ok, so no hops, bags, spices, candi sugar, DME, etc? That's kind of disappointing.

Sorry I haven't been around; work is killing me. I'm cool with the rye split - wegz15

Spreadsheet looks correct for me. How are you splitting delivery and fuel charge?

Also I dont have PP but I have cash and checks. Who is paying?

im fine with whatever crystal. You can replace my 2 row and wheat with cmc

Ok, I will PM Ace about our split of the Fawcett C II (60-ish) I can take a disproportionately high share if you guys only want 10-15 pounds each, so just let me know... I just didn't want all 55 lbs!

I'm going to substitute all of the Breiss grains on the spread sheet with equivalents at the best price. Is everyone ok with this?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

Yep I'm ok with alternative brands as long as it's cheaper or marginally more expensive. Do the other stipulations cause us any problems with the 2000lb price cut or anything else?

P.S. the spelling & grammar in that email hurts my freakin brain. It seriously looks like something written by Chinese or Nigerian scammers o_O...

Yep I'm ok with alternative brands as long as it's cheaper or marginally more expensive. Do the other stipulations cause us any problems with the 2000lb price cut or anything else?

the quote that was sent was based on the price break in the first column of the price sheet. This was done since the Breiss was dropped we didn't meet the 2200 pound minimum for the price break. Also, I will update all of the sack quantities to 55.1 pounds since that's what 25 KG equals. Based on their pricing I believe they are using 55.1 as the weight to calculate the price per sack. No big deal spending wise but I want our spreadsheet to jive with their units/quantities.

Revisit the spreadsheet (especially That_Ryan_Guy) to see if I entered everything correctly now that I replaced Breiss with equivalents. I'm hoping to email them again.

You did not add split order #5 to my portion of the "bill", also I believe myself, randar, and rc0032 were going to split a sack of cmc rye? That is not on there.

You did not add split order #5 to my portion of the "bill", also I believe myself, randar, and rc0032 were going to split a sack of cmc rye? That is not on there.

OK, I added your portion of the bill for "Split Order #5". Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

As far as the rye, I can't seem to find an email from Ace. Was he emailed with the final tally on the rye? Last I read was that it was still being discussed.

I thought I sent it to Ace, but it may not have been forwarded...

You can also add the 3-way split of the Fawcett Crystal Malt II (62-68°L) to the order when you rework it. This has also been forwarded to Ace.

the three way on the crystal malt has been entered (just updated it after wegz brought it to my attention). I'll wait until tomorrow to hear from Ace on the Rye split.

Once again, everyone go over the spreadsheet and check for entry errors. Thanks.

the quote that was sent was based on the price break in the first column of the price sheet. This was done since the Breiss was dropped we didn't meet the 2200 pound minimum for the price break.

I thought the price break was at 2000lb? Was this a typo or did it turn out to be 1000kg (2200lb) price break? Did you find out what % tax is from the quote they sent you?

Also, the spreadsheet is correct for me now, thanks.

So revisiting their price sheet it doesn't really add up. If you look at their first column at the top of the pricing it says &#8804;1000#. So we don't have less than or equal to 1000# Then their middle column is stupid. 2000-4000#? So does that cover from 1001-7999#?

I thought the price break was at 2000lb? Was this a typo or did it turn out to be 1000kg (2200lb) price break? Did you find out what % tax is from the quote they sent you?

Also, the spreadsheet is correct for me now, thanks.

On some it's 2000 and others it's 2200 which is 40 sacks. I think we can do it, even if I need to purchase an additional sack to meet the 2200 break. I need to ask about taxes.

I added another bag for myself, so we are now at 41 bags. I'm emailing her right now.

Sorry I have been sick as hell for the past day. My order looks good but if we still have time you can add a sack of Gambrinus ESB to my list. If not all is well.

Let me know if we are short a sack, if needed I could add a sack of 2-row, any brand other than Canadian will due.

I have already received the updated quote. I think we're in for a pleasant surprise. I will update the spreadsheet with the proper sack weight of 55.12 Lbs. (25Kg). We were given the price break in the second column just like we expected. No taxes are required. I'll post the link to the quote and send it to Ace. Also, please review your requests as I don't want to keep modifying the order. I'm thinking just one more modification and only if you really need to. Thanks.

what was your group's final tally of sacks?

42 sacks! I am surprised that we put our second one together so quickly, but I am happy we did. I now will have like 8 different specialty grains to add with my 4 different base malts.

I was also happy to see that the price of grain went down. Our last buy saw prices about $1.60 a sack higher than this time around:ban:

Back