new supplies!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steed

Reaction score
today i picked up a great deal off of craigslist!

i picked up
6 gallon glass carboy
3 two gallon glass carboys
two fermentation buckets with tempature guages
three cases of bottles
corks and caps
corker press
20 yeast packets
wine theif
hydrometer
airlocks
cleaner
brush

and other minor stuff

all for 100$

Dang man, good job! That's a frickin steal!

thanks i just have to figure out how to make a nice mead tonight.
if you have any good recipes let me know.
i tried making joes ancient orange mead but i havent gotten the yeast to foam yet so i dont think the batch is going to brew.

Oh nice steal! Did you find a mead to start up yet or still seeking?

thanks i just have to figure out how to make a nice mead tonight.
if you have any good recipes let me know.
i tried making joes ancient orange mead but i havent gotten the yeast to foam yet so i dont think the batch is going to brew.

Give it time. JOAM is a great first brew. A quick guess at what the stuff retails for... You made out like a bandit. That's around 300- 350.00 worth of stuff.
Get a book, take a class at a home brew store and you are well on your way to a surprisingly addictive hobby.
A thought occurred to me. How old is the yeast? Your JOAM might not be fermenting because the yeast is old or dead.

Give it time. JOAM is a great first brew. A quick guess at what the stuff retails for... You made out like a bandit. That's around 300- 350.00 worth of stuff.
Get a book, take a class at a home brew store and you are well on your way to a surprisingly addictive hobby.
A thought occurred to me. How old is the yeast? Your JOAM might not be fermenting because the yeast is old or dead.

Thanks! Well it's been about a week and the JAOM is bubbling every second! It's really taken off. I want to look inside to check it out but I will hold off until fermentation is over.
I am glad I got a good deal hopefully this stuff makes some good brews!

Back