Young mead completely clear - bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitasch

Reaction score
Back to my "beautiful disgusting raspberry citrus" batch. (have a thread here somewhere).

This has been batch aging in the secondary for nearly three months now. I looked at it last night and it is crystal clear...

Is there any benefit to leaving it aging in the carboy as opposed to bottle aging it?

I know that a consistant taste (bottle to bottle) will be more likely when batch aged...but I don't have a lot of faith in this batch (too citrus for my taste thus far) so most of it will probably be given to citrus lovers or to the brave souls here that said they would "dispose of it properly" if I did not like the outcome.

I would really like to free up a carboy... any PROBLEMS with bottle aging with a mead this young? **I am positive fermentation is over**

Oh yes, the last sg was exactly the same as it was when it was racked the second time.

Thanks for the response...

I agree. stable SG, nicely cleared.... bottle it up. you've already bulk aged 3 months, the bottles should be pretty consistent if they are clean and sanitary.

Back