Blades of Glory - What a hoot!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Saw this movie on the plane from Houston to Orange County last week. What a hoot! I laughed till my sides hurt.

One of the best scenes is when Will Ferral & John Heder announce they'll do the couples skating and folks go ballistic in interviews.

One man on the street interview is a hot dog vendor who is not happy. He's "what's wrong with this picture?" and has a similar pose.

thumb.20060924-204957-1.jpg

I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

Have some brews, watch it, but keep your distance from the TV cause you'll be spraying it. :D

Question: is it better than Ricky Bobby? Cuz that pretty much blew. Nothing made a whole lot of sense, there was no plot continuity, and stuff just happened for apparently little or no reason. I got the sense that the producers just figured they could put Will Farrell in yet another "goofy oaf trying out a sport/activity and looking ridiculous but ending up kicking ass in the end" movie, and the rest would write itself. Ugh. Ferrell is dangerously close to becoming another Sandler or Schneider.

From your description, Blades sounds like more than that...Guess I'll have to netflix it.

I thought it was hilarious. To me the funniest Will Ferrell movie. I really want to watch Hot Fuzz, Shawn of the Dead is one of my favorite movies, comedy and zombies together!

homebrewer_99 said:
I don't like Will Ferret. I suffered through Ricky Booby on TV because there was nothing on 150 other channels just confirmed that people who like him must have some inbred in them...:( ...just my opinion. :D

I personally liked Ricky Booby, guess I know what that means. Sis, where are you sis, come over here and see your brother.

TxBrew said:
I thought it was hilarious. To me the funniest Will Ferrell movie. I really want to watch Hot Fuzz, Shawn of the Dead is one of my favorite movies, comedy and zombies together!

I saw Hot Fuzz last night and laughed out loud a few times, but it was more serious than I expected it to be. A definite renter, for sure.

Dude said:
I saw Hot Fuzz last night and laughed out loud a few times, but it was more serious than I expected it to be. A definite renter, for sure.

I saw it last night as well and thought the same thing. It had it's moments but not what I was expecting at all.

Will Ferrel movies are like homebrew. You need to let them age. First time I saw Anchorman, I thought it was OK. After a few times, I was busting out laughing. It's all about knowing the quotes. Same with Talladega Nights.

"You made that grace your *****."

Cheesefood said:
Will Ferrel movies are like homebrew. You need to let them age. First time I saw Anchorman, I thought it was OK. After a few times, I was busting out laughing. It's all about knowing the quotes. Same with Talladega Nights.

"You made that grace your *****."

I think that's a pretty accurate statement. Outside of his bit parts, I don't think I ever LOVED a Ferrel movie the first time around (except elf). They need to grow on you.

Back