Kegerator for $125 w/tower Buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

befus

Reaction score
Available near me. Pic and description below. Kinda scared about the temp, but sounds like it works with right controller.

Bull Brand fridge converted into a kegerator. Will hold two 5 gallon corny kegs and co2. The tower alone cost $130 its stainless 3" dual. The thermostat on the fridge will not let it get cold enough, so I recommend getting a Johnson temp controller(that's what I use I have it set for 36 degrees) KEGERATOR and TOWER only NO KEGS OR CO2.

kegerator.jpg

kegerator 2.jpg

Well you'd have to do an internal thermostat if you want to get it colder than what he says it does, but I'd go for it.

Guess I'll give him a call and ask some questions anyway.

When I got a commercial kegerator, I found instructions online on how to adjust the built in thermostat. You could save your self some money that way and also by adding a small fan to move the air around.

Computer case fans with a few 12v 0.5A power adapter works wonders. Mine is chilling at 35F right now.

Yeah, find the coarse adjust screw on the internal thermostat. It takes a few tries, but you should be able to lower the temp enough.

You might want to look into a tower fan. The kind that push air up the tower through a tube work wonders on limiting first glass foaming.

You can adjust the thermostat to your liking. Or maybe even install an STC-1000 into the door or on top and see the current actual temp in Celsius.

A tower fan is always nice and they are pretty easy to install DIY.

You can adjust the thermostat to your liking. Or maybe even install an STC-1000 into the door or on top and see the current actual temp in Celsius.

A tower fan is always nice and they are pretty easy to install DIY.

Just got an STC-1000 in the mail today.....maybe it's a sign :). I'll have to check for info on how to install it correctly.

For $125, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Even if I had to replace a few things it would be worth it for me. I'm not a DIY guy.

Back