Man Dinner.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beersteiner2345

Reaction score
Wife working late, Rays game on TV (although playing horribly), and a dinner fit for a (couch)king.

Beer (Four Peak's (Tempe, AZ) Hop Knot). Bone-in Strip Steak. Cheese Quesadilla.

IMG_4718.jpg

So much winning I can't even stand it. :ban::rockin:

Nice grill marks. You've mastered the patience required for good lookin grilled meat. I'd sub the hop knot for my dry hopped cali-co common though :)

Thanks! Would you believe me if I said it was done on a cast-iron grill pan on the same kitchen stove I make my beer on? (blasphemy, I know)

When we moved I had to give up my grills and smokers (seriously hurt worse than giving up beer would hurt). Friggin apt complex won't allow it. So I am forced to do this instead. Not bad, but not as good as outside cooking on the coals. I seriously don't know how I am going to do football season without smoking brisket and ribs.

You wanna bring some beer over? I'm just up in cave creek and all my beer is carbing in the kegs right now! lol

Thanks! Would you believe me if I said it was done on a cast-iron grill pan on the same kitchen stove I make my beer on?

One of the restaurants I worked with used Cast Iron Grill Pans Exclusively. They had no broiler, but turned out stunning steaks. The pans were crazy heavy, and after I did a commercial for them -- they gave me one. That was 13 years ago, and I still use the thing to make perfect steaks. Either on the stove or on the Bayou burner on the patio.
:rockin:

I make ALL my steaks in cast iron skillets. I find it the quickest, easiest way to get even heat. If its a real thick cut, I finish it in the oven for about 5 min at 500 to get some heat in the perfect red center ;)

Hope you enjoyed it (I'm sure you did)!

with 3 kids, I never get the MAN DINNER night.......

But I do get to do DADDY BURGER NIGHT if mommy is away.

I flatten 4 lbs of ground chuck thin between foil (ala alton brown) salt and pepper. I make 12 or so frozen rolls.

Cast IRON sizzle the little square cut burgers with a pile of diced onions frying in the beef fat.

Open a steaming roll, grey poupon, mayo, onions, burger.

YUM.

Serve with tots or fries and jalapeno salt ketchup.

Oh yeah, not saying great steak and burgers can't be done on a skillet. I was mighty happy with these. Just not the same as cooking outside. ;)

i had spicy beef with no vegetables, white rice, and some sweet and sour and hot sauce all mixed up in a bowl for dinner. it.was.incredible.

Win on the breakfast. Just had a clif bar.

And boo on the no man card for quesadilla. Quesadillas are amazing. Cheese, sour cream, habanero salsa on a home made tortilla?!?! I'll take that any day.

Steak AND a quesadilla? Sounds good to me!

And I agree on the cast iron for stove top steaks, no better way to do it when there's no grill available.

Oh yes. I absolutely love Habs. By far my favorite pepper due to their flavor. I don't use a lot of them (due to the heat, duh), but they are crazy good.

Nice! I cooked up some great Delmonico steaks last night (wish I took a photo) on my cast iron skillet. Came out a perfect medium-rare. Man dinner tonight for me is going to be pizza.

Mmmmm Delmonico...

I can't decide if tonight is curry or pizza.

Made schnitzel, spaetzle, and kartoffelsalat for dinner last night. It was yummy.

Oh yes. I absolutely love Habs. By far my favorite pepper due to their flavor. I don't use a lot of them (due to the heat, duh), but they are crazy good.

oh man, I got some habanero garlic from SWMBO's parents. they bought it at bucees.

Four egg omelette with some pepperjack cheese and five of those bad boys minced up in there. Woo, I was sweatin'.

habanero garlic?!?! holy crap that sounds amazing. What the deuce is it?

Here's my most recent man dinner....
IMG_4742.jpg

and of course...
IMG_4723.jpg

Nice. Will have to look for that.

I was thinking it was some kind of crazy cross (i.e. naturally spicy garlic) or something.

What am I looking at here? Because it looks bad ass.

IKEA tray
Fork
Steak knife
Napkin
Plate
... :D

Kidding

The fired thing is pork weinerschnitzel. The noodle looking thing is spaetzle, and the other is home made tater salad (the American style, not German).

All super easy and cheap to make. Will pack on the pounds though if you eat it too much. lol

Hand breaded schnitzel.......extra points if you made the bread crumbs from dried and crumbed up rye!;)

Even more points if the egg wash was from a chicken that speaks german.

bread crumbs were panko crumbs... I find this gives it a better crispiness.

Pretty sure that Emilie speaks fluent German. ;)

Back