Football, BBQ, and Beer..... YUM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceedubya

Reaction score
Been cookin for the last two days. The office building I am in had a christmas party yesterday and I brought the appetizers.

Carrol College fightin saints played today (and got their butts kicked) in the NAIA championship game. Invited over a few friends for homebrew and BBQ.

Here are yesterdays pics

Startin in the early AM hours
Picture389.jpg

Cookin with two year old Cherry wood from my parents

Picture398.jpg

ABT's prepped the night before

Picture390.jpg

Wings marinaded and rubbed

Picture393.jpg

Now Today's Cook for the big game:

Picture391.jpg

I re-heated a butt out of the freezer left over from a few months ago and cooked a fresh one for dinner tonight:

Picture396.jpg

Cooker loaded up with butts, ABT's, and Wings

Picture392.jpg

The re-heated pork is gone, the ATB's are slowly dissapearing as the day goes on. Didn't get any pics of them after they were done, didn't have time

I made a sauce for the wings by mixing a gates knockoff sauce with some franks red hot, very good.

We paired all of this with an Octoberfest lager that I brewed back in September and a Nut Brown brewed last month. :mug:

The other butt is still on the cooker gettin itself ready for dinner

looks great. but lose the kingsford and get some royal oak or cowboy lump charcoal.

Yeah, I try to use lump whenever I can, but nobody carries it up here. Target used to carry the Kingsford lump which was pretty good and I bought every bag they ever had (once bought 18 at a time). Wal-mart here doesn't carry the royal oak anymore either.

I don't like the cowboy stuff for all of the extra stuff that I seem to get in it. I can get from Lowes.

Since I am burning logs on this cooker anyway I just use the Kingsford to get things going and to give me a base of hot coals from the get go. No need for the lump.

Yeah, I try to use lump whenever I can, but nobody carries it up here. Target used to carry the Kingsford lump which was pretty good and I bought every bag they ever had (once bought 18 at a time). Wal-mart here doesn't carry the royal oak anymore either.

I don't like the cowboy stuff for all of the extra stuff that I seem to get in it. I can get from Lowes.

Since I am burning logs on this cooker anyway I just use the Kingsford to get things going and to give me a base of hot coals from the get go. No need for the lump.

I hear ya. Tough to find it around here sometimes as well. Love the avatar you handsome mother*ucker.

Back