Where can I get this fermenter in the U.S.??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max4677

Reaction score
So I was tooling around Wikipedia today (we have a game to see how many links it takes me to connect something to nuclear warfare - think 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon), and went to the article for Homebrewing.

The poster of the picture at the top of the article stated he got that fermenter at Hop and Grape in the UK. I think it is #FIV20152636 (from home page -> General Equipment -> Fermenters -> Demi Johns & 5 Gallon Fermenters)

I have never seen one of those before and they look like they could be pretty sweet to work with. Durable plastic, built in handles, and screw top to allow easier access for cleaning.

Oh and for those curious about the game: I have linked Robert E. Lee, Gary Coleman, Chia Pets, Dan Marino, and gorillas successfully so far. :)

It's somewhat similar to the fermenter in the Coopers Microbrewery kit, but you have to buy the whole kit to get it, as far as I know. I have one and like the fermenter. There are recessed handles on the side, and the top is wider than the one pictured in the wiki article.

hey max, I'm not totally sure but I've seen them at my local brew shop...http://brewsouth.com/ they have them right there in the main picture, a room full of em. They are cool folks when you call, so give them a buzz and place a phone order for them..

Granted, I'm not totally sure they even sell them, but their online store is way out dated on product and price..so a call is a must.

Thanks for the heads up. My LBHS is very behind with their website as well, so I know how that goes. After this weekend, I'll check up on my finances and see if they ship out to NJ. They look to be a nice alternative to glass.

Back