Good propane burner for deck?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McGlothan

Reaction score
Hi,

I am about to step up my process to all grain brewing. I want to know what propane burners are going to be adequate for 5 gallon batches. I do live close to a Lowes and Home Depot so if anyone has gotten one there they like please let me know. Also, how many BTU's do I need to look for?

Thanks,

Shawn

Pretty much any outdoor burner will be able to heat up 5 gallon batches just fine. Anything with 100k btu's should do the trick.

I've used a Bayou Classic SP10 and that provides plenty of heat, enough for 10 gallon batches. The cooking surface is a bit small for a keggle, though, that's why I bought a Bayou Classic KAB6.

I've also been curious about using a burner on my porch. I don't have a garage and I live on the Oregon coast. It rains a lot here. I'm trying to step up to full volume and need to get outside for that. Curious to see what others have used. Great question from the OP

The bayou classic SP10 doesn't seem to be available at Lowes or Home Depot. I wonder if they have a new model. I guess Ill just go and check what they have. Thanks for the tips

Back