I drunkenly bought a better bottle online last night, question:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamW

Reaction score
What size stopper will plug the hole? Is it the standard #7 or is it a different size. I somehow only bought the bottle and not the stopper/airlock, but I stand by my purchases whether or not I really remember making them.

From the Better Bottle web site:
A number of commercially available 55mm caps and #10 rubber stoppers will fit Better-Bottle carboys
-Steve

I like irregular pulses thinking. I used to drunk buy hd dvds...boy that got expensive quick!

+1 on #10 stopper

I just got a 5 gallon Better Bottle a few weeks ago with a #10 stopper. It fits so far :) As long as you don't shrink your better bottle then it should work.

The shrinking comes from really hot temperatures right? Like boiling water or wort. Its not gonna mysteriously shrink otherwise right?

The shrinking comes from really hot temperatures right? Like boiling water or wort. Its not gonna mysteriously shrink otherwise right?

As long as there are no evil mad scientists around with shrink rays you should be good.

I couldn't find the temp it takes to melt on on the BB web site, but I think they will withstand heat up to around 160F. If you exceede that you risk melting/shrinking one.

Yeah, it looks like the max temperature is 140 degrees Fahrenheit. That's considerably lower than ale pails from what I have read. As long as you don't brew as drunk as you were when you bought it, you should be able to remember :p

If your hot water is set to no more than the currently recommended settings, you should have no trouble (140F will BURN you!).

Back