Ubiquitous beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how many beers there are that we can all get. Partly out of curiousity, but I also thought it would help the tasting thing that's been going on.

I was mainly thinking Micros, but why not include good imports also. Not stuff like Heineken or Becks..

I'm trying to keep it uncomplicated as far as varieties and just use brand names, but I might let a variety slip in. Here's what we can get in OK, that I would expect to be everywhere:
Sam Adams (of course)
Sierra Nevada
Anchor
Rogue
Pyramid
Pete's Wicked
Bass
Harp
Guiness
Samuel Smith
Paulaner
Franzikaner
Chimay
Fullers

Dang I figured the list would be longer, I'm sure 20 will pop into my head as soon as I hit submit.

we can get all those in socal--at bevmo.

how about:
(californian)
Bear Republic
Acme
Lagunitas
Alesmith
Bayhawk

IMport
affligem
unibrou

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
I'm trying to figure out how many beers there are that we can all get. Partly out of curiousity, but I also thought it would help the tasting thing that's been going on.

Referring to beers we can all get. Does this mean travelling down the street to the packy store, or 50 minutes to the mega-super-beer store?

glibbidy said:
Referring to beers we can all get. Does this mean travelling down the street to the packy store, or 50 minutes to the mega-super-beer store?

I personally say get the best we can get for tasting. I'm not really interested in barley pop.

I would suggest our next beer tasting be Anchor Steam and maybe post a few recipes as well.

Baron von BeeGee said:
My criteria was the finest beer store I get to on a regular (weekly) basis.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Luckily, I work by the state capital and I'm about 5 minutes from the best beer store in the state!

Brewpastor said:
I personally say get the best we can get for tasting. I'm not really interested in barley pop.

I would suggest our next beer tasting be Anchor Steam and maybe post a few recipes as well.

If that is the case then a 50 minute drive is well worth my time :mug: for the best selection in New England.

Brewpastor said:
That's a great idea. I've never done a Cali Common, but I'm interested. Also, I don't have a great compendium of recipes for any style, but I'm more than happy to steal with pride from those of you who do :mug:

I'll second the nomination of AS as this weekend's beer.

All on the list are good for me. All can be found close. Hey Monk, where are you at in So Cal?

Let's see from your list:

Sam Adams (of course)- Nope
Sierra Nevada- Nope
Anchor- Yep
Rogue- Yep
Pyramid- Nope
Pete's Wicked- Nope
Bass- Yep
Harp- dunno
Guiness- Yep
Samuel Smith
Paulaner- Nope
Franzikaner- dunno
Chimay- Yep
Fullers- dunno

I'm still going to do that Chimay tasting, for posterity's sake. I will join in on the tastings I can.

鯰  said:
Let's see from your list:

Sam Adams (of course)- Nope
Sierra Nevada- Nope
Anchor- Yep
Rogue- Yep
Pyramid- Nope
Pete's Wicked- Nope
Bass- Yep
Harp- dunno
Guiness- Yep
Samuel Smith
Paulaner- Nope
Franzikaner- dunno
Chimay- Yep
Fullers- dunno

I'm still going to do that Chimay tasting, for posterity's sake. I will join in on the tastings I can.

No wonder you brew!

Back