HBT, help me decide please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which name for my brewery?

• Bassett

• Walton

• Viper

• 2 Fox

• Hounddog

• Lone Star Steed

• F34

• Other: Please list and explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
I need help deciding on a name for my brewery. Most of yall will wonder why I should even if its just a hobby. Well, it may be a hobby now, but in 13 years when I retire from the USAF, I might just make it into a business. Who knows, but I would like to put a label on what I do.

I've got a few names and I'd like your input

In no particular order, and with info on why I'm considering the name

Bassett Brewery - my last name
Walton Brewery - family middle name
Viper Brewery - named after the F-16 which most call it the Viper, and the F-16 is my fav a/c and my father has been working on parts for it since I've been alive
2 Fox Brewery - your job in the USAF is call an AFSC (Air Force Specialty Code) my AFSC is 2F0X1[Fuels], so I thought 2 Fox sounded unique)
Houndog Brewery - Bassett=houndog=nickname to some people
Lone Star Steed Brewery - I'm fromt Texas, and I love Mustangs
F34 Brewery - F34 is the NATO code for JP-8 (I work with Jet Fuel for a living)

2 Fox was the most grabbing name for me. I imagined if I were walking down the beer isle, 2 Fox is the only name that would make me double take.

I voted for 2 Fox since it also seemed unique. I always thought the F-16 was the Fighting Falcon. Did not realize that it was referred to as the viper.

I don't have much of a preference to which you should use, but I do have a preference to which you shouldn't. Viper sounds really cheesy. It sounds like the kind of place who would make beer such as Kid Rocks' American Badass Lager. Lame.

Another vote for 2 Fox!!! Very cool, says something about you, lots of room for great beer names that play off the brewery name...2 Foxy Blonde, 2 Foxed Barrel Aged ______ (sour-could be a series if you like sours/ lambics), 2 Foxed Bassett Pale Ale...

:mug:

43810093651347553.jpg

probably won't get very far with "Lone Star Steed" -

2 Fox and I'd run with the "fox" theme too-i think that would definitely get someones attention in the store. And since it starts with a number-you will be at the top of the list in any alphabetical list ;)

I have to go for Hounddog. Again the Elvis thing has pull. 2 Fox just doesn't do it for me. If it was "Fox 2" as in taking the shot, I might have gone for it.

Bassett is next in my mind

I voted for F34 because I was a helicopter avionics tech/ mechanic in the Marine Corps and have alot of experience crawling in fuel cells full of F34 (JP-8) fumes. 2 Fox would definitely be the catchiest name though. Like everyone else, I thought Viper was a cheesy name, and I work on the F16 program at Lockheed in Fort Worth.

I voted for F34 because I was a helicopter avionics tech/ mechanic in the Marine Corps and have alot of experience crawling in fuel cells full of F34 (JP-8) fumes. 2 Fox would definitely be the catchiest name though. Like everyone else, I thought Viper was a cheesy name, and I work on the F16 program at Lockheed in Fort Worth.

Yeah, I've always called the 16 a Falcon, not a Viper, but I see a lot of people calling it the later of the 2. Plus Falcon Brewery isn't much better than Viper in my mind.

Count me in for another 2 Fox. It's an easy theme, and sounds unique. The way you came up with it is pretty awesome too. You should have kept it a well gauarded secret like the Rolling Rock '33'!

Voted for 2 Fox, but I think it would be better if left as 2F0X1.
2F0X1 has a uniqueness to it that adds to the appeal.

two fox. but then you could do "fox and the Hound ale" or hounddog ale or basset hound ale or whatever too.

I don't have much of a preference to which you should use, but I do have a preference to which you shouldn't. Viper sounds really cheesy. It sounds like the kind of place who would make beer such as Kid Rocks' American Badass Lager. Lame.

+1 Viper is only cool if you are 5 and playing with GI Joes.

I vote 2 Fox.

:off: FYI, the F-16 is officially named the Fighting Falcon. But when that name was chosen, pilots thought that name sucked and wanted it to be 'Viper'. The AF chose the former, probably because it was smaller and cheaper than the F-15 Eagle. Pilots all call it the Viper because they think it sounds cooler and over time it has caught on. So that is what most people call it now, not that its correct.

Congrats on being a lifer. I'm retiring in another year:ban:

Be warned that there is already an operating brewery in Las Vegas with a fox theme:

10152.jpg

I'm not worried about it. My logo if I go with 2 Fox will of course have 2 foxes, possibly drinking beer. Thanks for the heads up though.

Back