Greetings From Kansas City

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJBrewing

Reaction score
New brewer here. Just started my first batch yesterday and I already have something funny to tell.

I was in a hurry getting my wort into the carboy to ferment and forgot to strain the hops(pellets) out. This created a nice film of hops on top of the krausen. Well, earlier this evening my wife and I heard a strange noise in the basement. I went down to find that the hops had clogged up the airlock and it blew out spraying sticky hops and krausen all over the place. Good thing it's in an unfinished part of the basement, so cleanup won't be too bad. Had to make a makeshift blowoff tube out of my racking cane and some tubing. Hope the beer turns out fine.

I'm in Olathe and new to this brewing thing, too. Have made a couple of batches with my neighbor starting two weeks ago. Looking forward to trying the first batch in another week or so.

Back