TAP draft system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TD system is kinda like a toy...if you want to keg then you need to keg, but if you want to have 1.5 gallons on tap to bring to a party, tail gate, the lake etc then its good.

-=Jason=-

TD system is kinda like a toy...if you want to keg then you need to keg, but if you want to have 1.5 gallons on tap to bring to a party, tail gate, the lake etc then its good.

-=Jason=-

I bought one and fully agree. The portability was nice, but not worth the hassle. 1.5 gallons went really quick. I currently have a 3 keg keezer and the tap a draft. Haven't used the tap a draft in over a year. I think I'll look into picking up a couple of growlers.

My son uses the tap a draft and likes it a lot. It gives you the tap without the expense or the space usage of a kegerator. His sits in his refrigerator and is always available for any size glass, not just the pint that my 12 oz bottles take. He doesn't drink a ton of beer so it lasts him quite a while.

I am ordering the tap a draft system this weekend. (EDIT: ordered today from Midwest.)

I do not have the space for kegs, but I want a way to branch out beyond bottles. My plan is to split batches between bottles (to keep for a while) and the TAD (to drink sooner). This will give me a quantity of beer on tap for daily drinking and a variety of beers in bottles for when I (or a guest) want something different.

If I had the space to put in a separate kegerator/keezer I would certainly go for the kegs and just keep a few different brews on tap.

I started with a TAD. Was good for what it was. Living in a small apartment, it was great. Low cost, easy to use. But for me it was definitely the gateway purchase. Once I got the space, kegs were all I used.

Just get a coors homedraft. $20 and comes full of beer. I have re-used mine 3 times now and it works great.

Yup, I've been using the Miller Lite home draft kegs with much success. I get mine cheap as I have a friend that brings me his empties. :)

I have a Miller Lite home draft keg that I plan on filling with some beer. I have one question though, do I add the beer with the priming sugar or with out? I twisted off the top and drank/poured out the crappy beer so the co2 canister is not punctured.

I have one and like it alright, 3 of the bottles will hold a "5" gallon batch (since I usually lose .5 gal to trub)

zachary80 said:
how does this work? I could probably choke down 5.7L of coors light for a good cause

There is a good thread with videos in the bottling section. Just run a search for "Coors homedraft" and you should find it.

I fill one up every time i bottle using priming sugar. It conditions the same amount of time as the bottles (about 3 weeks). Then I fridge it for a week, bleed off the excess pressure and add a fresh cartridge. That's it!

Ya I did some research and found out its cheaper to buy the coors home draft system and reuse it its basically the same as a TAP a draft system but cheaper and cooler. I also found a guy who ridged one to force carbonate beer with the coors home draft.

Tap a Draft is great if you can't spare a full refrigerator to hold a keg. My only complaint so far is that the black plastic caps with the foam inserts that they are using now don't do a good job of holding pressure, so bottle conditioning is unreliable. I just got a couple of polyseal caps to try and a couple of heavy white plastic caps with a ring seal. Hopefully those will work better. I generally go through 3 CO2 cartidges per bottle.

Tap a Draft is great if you can't spare a full refrigerator to hold a keg. My only complaint so far is that the black plastic caps with the foam inserts that they are using now don't do a good job of holding pressure, so bottle conditioning is unreliable. I just got a couple of polyseal caps to try and a couple of heavy white plastic caps with a ring seal. Hopefully those will work better. I generally go through 3 CO2 cartidges per bottle.

I re use the caps from the 3 liter soda bottles from the dollar store. I also use the empty bottles for SWMBO's hard apple cider. I can use the tap for the 3 liter bottles as well.

Back