First Brew All Grain!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubbastv

Reaction score
Well last Thursday I brewed up my first batch. It was an Amber ale with apples and cinnamon at flame out. I was really suprised, everything went perfect.

I did the recipe through BeerTools Pro. Super easy. I hit all my numbers dead on target, my mash temps, my preboil volume, starting gravity (1.048... I got 1.047)... the boil went off without a hitch.

Then I put the pot in ice to chill and go brag to SWMBO about how great it was going, I walk back into the kitchen and proceed to bust my thermometer. WTF!!! Guess thats what I get for braggin' huh???

A $5.00 Screwup, Not bad. I can think of much worse thing that can happen. One time I ran out of beer to drink while brewing. Now that was tragic!

A $5.00 Screwup, Not bad. I can think of much worse thing that can happen. One time I ran out of beer to drink while brewing. Now that was tragic!

Nah, I got me a Coors Lite Home Draft I'm trying to get empty... All in all, thats really not that bad for Coors Lite. :mug:

I hit all my numbers dead on target, my mash temps, my preboil volume, starting gravity (1.048... I got 1.047)... the boil went off without a hitch.

I owe that to all the help and tips I've learned from all of you. THANKS :rockin:

I wish my last brewday had gone as well! cheers to you. (here's the fingers crossed my fixes will hold for this weekend...)

Well last night I took a hydrometer reading and did a taste test. The reading was 1.028. It did have a very faint bread smell but looked fine. Its a little darker in color than I thought it was going to be but tasted yummy none the less. The hint of cinnamon and apple came through right at the end, very subtle, exactly what I was lokking for.

Can't wait to start brewing my next batch, a basic porter but I'm going to do a secondary with bacon. Everything goes good with bacon. I'm gonna call it Pork 'N Porter.

Back