bench capper issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have an agata capper and really like it except for one issue. Every time I cap a bottle the bell ( I think thats the name of the thing that actually goes over and crimps the cap down) sticks in the down position. then it POPS back up. it is annoying. I have to manually push it back up or wait for it to slowly POP back up. I took it apart and can't see anything it is hanging on and wonder if it is SUPPOSED to stick down?

Mine will do this if you don't crimp the cap enough. The key is to push down harder or lower the bell further--yeah it really is that simple.

Mine does this really badly, in fact mine is bent a bit. What can I say, I bought it at a second hand store. I only use my bench capper for bottles the lever capper does not work on.

I do agree with RCCOLA though - if I really hammer on it sometimes it does not stick at all. Sometimes I need to hammer down on it twice....

Latest posts

Back