"Guilty" confessions of a beer enthusiast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Strongbow or Magners cider on the rocks. So damn refreshing in the harsh summers in the FL Keys especially hangin out on a sandbar......haha ive also been known to drink a Sparks or two.

And who got banned? What are you talking about?

That would be me. And according to Yuri's edits, at least one other guy. Wait, talking about being banned isn't gonna get me banned is it?

Two-day time-out for calling a certain brewer certain names. I'm just gonna say it was worth it.

Oh boy ... I am guilty too. When the money is tight I go shraight for the Busch Light. Hell I would be lying if I said I didn't buy some even on payday. To me it has more flavor than Bud Light or Coors Light. Call it "skunk" or a bad flavor its still flavor ;) I was a big Coors Light fan in the military until my cousin showed me the light to good full flavored craft beer. He used to tell me .. "Coors Light !?!??!?!.. Hell I drink that to sober up" LOLOLOL

SittingDuck said:
Just this past Friday I alternated between cans of Dale's Pale Ale with cans of Coors Light.

DPA rocks.

And Strongbow/bulmers/Magners is some good stuff on ice. Sure its no honey crispin, but good cider nonetheless. Although I do make better cider at home, at least as far as I'm concerned

SittingDuck said:
That would be me. And according to Yuri's edits, at least one other guy. Wait, talking about being banned isn't gonna get me banned is it?

Two-day time-out for calling a certain brewer certain names. I'm just gonna say it was worth it.

You can get banned for two days? I had no eye dear

mikeysab said:
Sure its no honey crispin, but good cider nonetheless.

I see quite a few people complimenting crispen, but its just not my thing. I tried a few different kinds, but just couldn't drink it.

SittingDuck said:
I see quite a few people complimenting crispen, but its just not my thing. I tried a few different kinds, but just couldn't drink it.

I don't like the one that they say they use ale yeast (I think), but the honey crispin is delish. Like i said, I'm content with my homebrewed ciders

Well, in fairness, my last post was rather pointed, and directed right at him. It was a legit call. Ironically, I got a few thumbs up and a ban off the same comment. But yeah, I would call it a day.

When I was a home owner there was almost nothing as cool as a "PBR Shower Beer" after mowing the lawn... Kinda weird but half over my head and half in my belly.. Really refreshing...

Dude, am I the only guy in this thread that doesn't drink beer in the shower? Seriously, there's like a dozen posts! Am I missing some earth-shattering experience, or just wet beer?

Because if I wanted watery beer, I could just drink Mich Ultra. :D

My post-now ritual is pound a beer, shower, sip a beer, try to hide from wife so I don't have to do other house projects.

mikeysab said:
THAT is why I love canned beer. So much easier to drink in the shower

Ive got some good looking beer cans right now, fresh from one of our resident blue collared bastards.

image-1650550737.jpg

gtlaw10 said:
you're getting rockart in CA? nice. miss having it all the time, now i have to go and visit my folks to enjoy one...

I got these in a swap. The Pliny has been my ticket to worlds of undiscovered beer. I'm just a bit stoked to try them.

Beer in the shower? I get dirty looks when I pour a beer to go #2 lol

Been doing that for a while. If you're drinking a commercial beer right out the bottle, a handy bottle stand in a small bathroom is the drain ring in the sink. Holds a bottle or can perfectly. :rockin:

I've had a beer whilst sitting on le commode, but never in the shower, too much chance of it getting diluted by *shudder* water. :)

hahaha after reading this I realized i'm guilty as well of this. Homebrew on the tub ledge while reading BYO mag.

Old Milwaukee!!! while playing golf. I can't fit bottles in my hidden cooler to get past the starter, so it has to be a canned beer. In recent years I can find some better beers in cans (Fat Tire, Modus Hoperandi, etc.) but I still go back to the old mil. It's really not bad for an American light and it pisses off my ABInbev employed friends. I don't think I would ever drink it at home or at a bar though.

Coldies said:
hahaha after reading this I realized i'm guilty as well of this. Homebrew on the tub ledge while reading BYO mag.

In the bath tub is different. Might as well make it Chardonnay, and crank up the lavender bath salts ;) I kid I kid

I'm certainly guilty of an ice cold PBR in the shower. Something about the extra water in the can helps wash the grime away....I dunno exactly how it works :D. I also enjoy the hell out of Newcastle, and don't really see why it gets as bad of a rap as it does. Pitchers of it with NY style pizza is amazing.

In the bath tub is different. Might as well make it Chardonnay, and crank up the lavender bath salts ;) I kid I kid

Nah, all you need is these...

beer-bath-salt.jpg

Relaxation bath salt with soothing hop extract. 265 ml

And of course you have to dim the lights and use a few of these.

beer-scented-candle.jpg

And some of this to keep your locks all nice and healthy.

beer_shampoo.jpg

Upcoming confession... Treating myself to a romantic man bath... With hoppy bath salts lol

Latest posts

Back