Pre-Chiller ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_cad

Reaction score
Today I got home and my dad left this along with 4 corny kegs on my porch. He works in the C02/ Fountain dept at local Coke company. I am just getting my equipment together to start brewing and have been asking him if they have stuff laying around that they dont use anymore.

Not sure what the best use for this plate would be but I am guessing somehow I can make it a pre-chiller. It has 5 ins and 5 outs. Any ideas from you experienced gadgeteers would be apreciated.

Its about 12" by 8" x 2".

topchill.jpg
fullchill.jpg

I'm guessing here, but I suspect 1 pair of in/out connections is for the cooling liquid. I'm not sure how you could use that as a pre-chiller. As drunkatuw said, it's better suited as a portable beer chiller.

I found out today that this is a cold plate for a bar gun. I figured maybe I can drop it in a cooler of ice and route my water through it in-line before my immersion chiller. My dad says they used to to run juice and sodas directly through it but im afraid of the cleaning problems. I think I can use a few of the outlets and run water through it several times to get it cold.....possibly even recirculate my water. I will experiment a little and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back