Bacchus was smiling on me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaterWeasel

Reaction score
Warning! This post is pure gloating :)
So I had a haloween party at my Gun Club this weekend...While setting up the bands I was chatting with the bartender. She told me they were stripping the soda system out and tossing it. My head started spinning. Called the club president and asked what they wanted for the whole thing:
I now have a dual regulator (one for force carb and another with 5 lines off a manifold) a CO2 tank, 6 corny kegs, all the lines and hookups, 2 cold plates with attached guns and holsters. All the equipment is working, they are just going to a bag in the box system because its cheaper...
ALL FOR FREE!!!!
I am the luckiest guy in the world. There would have been no way in the world I could have convinced my wife I "needed" a keg system!
time to make the basement fridge into a keg fridge (it will hold all 6 at once) and stop bottling! I have only bottled one 5gal batch in my life Oct 1st...now I feel spoiled!
Believe it or not, there is a question in here:
Can I dispense kegged sparkling cider into bottles for transport and/or gifts? Will it hold bubbles?

Can't help you with your question.. but Dam* what a great find! I'd be gloating too. Now keg some brew and give it away to keep the beer gods happy with you!

read through the now infamous we don't need no stinking beergun thread. you can knock up one of these contraptions for a couple bucks and they work well. search for a youtube video of it in use to see exactly what people do.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/
i haven't tried just dispensing into bottles from the tap and capping, i'm sure others here have and can comment, the problem doing that with beer is the foam, that's why you need it entering the bottle under keg pressure, but with cider i guess that's far less of a problem. congrats on your freebies and good luck

read through the now infamous we don't need no stinking beergun thread. you can knock up one of these contraptions for a couple bucks and they work well. search for a youtube video of it in use to see exactly what people do.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/
i haven't tried just dispensing into bottles from the tap and capping, i'm sure others here have and can comment, the problem doing that with beer is the foam, that's why you need it entering the bottle under keg pressure, but with cider i guess that's far less of a problem. congrats on your freebies and good luck

Thanks for the link! I just racked my 3rd batch last night, did a 3rd on my 2nd batch and have drank 1/4 of my first which is bottled in Champagne bottles and swing-tops. I have been waiting for natural carbonation, and its been 3 weeks. I open a 16oz swing top (or three) a week to "check for bubbles" I fear I may drink it all before I get any LOL.
Now I am going to force carb, and keg, and fill growlers for visits to friends as needed.

Back