Setting up my keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egaberik

Reaction score
OK so I just got 2 kegs that I want to set up. On the boil keggle I want to install a dip tube but what will be the best way to filter out the hot break and hops so I can limit what will go into my plate chiller? I don't have the plate chiller yet but will be getting either a shirron or therminator. I am going to be putting the hops(mostly use pellets) in a nylon bag to hopefully reduce the hop trub but won't the dip tube pick up most of the hot break and send it through my chiller and clog it up or no?

Here are some images of different ways people set up their dip tubes. Link

Another possibilty is to make a hop filter per instructions from Bobby_M. Link

I use a keggle and a plate chiller from dudadiesel.com. I have the PVC Reducer Hop Sock thingie, that uses a 5gal paint strainer bag, and haven't had a clog yet! My dip tube goes right in to the middle of the keggle. FTW!!!

There is also another thread that is very important. It contains a warning to make sure you drill hole in the "rings/handle" things. If water is trapped in them, they can explode. Somebody help me with the link or see the sticky above...

Back