• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Louisiana Several varieties of hops, CHEAP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douglasbarbin

Reaction score
As the title states, I am selling several varieties of hops in an attempt to clear some space in my freezer. All hops are pellets unless otherwise stated. All hops have been kept vacuum-sealed and in a freezer, and will be sent to you vacuum-sealed. They are split up into 3 tiers, with tier 1 costing $1.50 per ounce, tier 2 costing $1.33 per ounce, and tier 3 costing $1.25 per ounce. You pay actual shipping cost. If you want large quantities, feel free to make me an offer.

Currently I have the following varieties on hand:

Hop shots - $3.75 each

Tier 1 (a.k.a. "the sexy hops"):
  • Amarillo 6.9%
  • Simcoe 11%
  • Nelson Sauvin 11.8%

Tier 2 (a.k.a. "the not-as-sexy hops")
  • Apollo 17.5%
  • Perle 7.5%
  • Columbus 17.5%

Tier 3 (a.k.a. "get these out of my freezer because I have way too many!")
  • U.S. Goldings 5.2%
  • Willamette 5.2%
  • Centennial 9.5% (leaf)
  • EXP 4190 3.6%
  • Crystal 5%

What would you do for price for .5 pound Amarillo and a pound of simcoe pellets and chinook to 58504?

How much citra do you have? I'm needing a pound of it for my zombie dust clone. I've found the pellets and whole for $18 and change plus shipping. Do you have that much and can you beat that price?

How much citra do you have? I'm needing a pound of it for my zombie dust clone. I've found the pellets and whole for $18 and change plus shipping. Do you have that much and can you beat that price?

I think I only have 11 ounces that are not accounted for at the moment. Makes it kind of a moot point, since you need almost 50% more than that. But I will say that $18 or $19 is an excellent price for a pound of Citra, especially if you are ordering other items to offset the shipping. I would probably jump on that while it's available. Mind if I ask where? Just curious, the last thing I need right now is more hops...

What's the years on these? What do you consider a large quantity? How much do you have? Can I buy lbs?

No worries, doesn't hurt to ask.

Found it at labelpeelers which now that I looked it's gone up in price to $21 and change. They were having a 25% off sale and I didn't jump on it unfortunately. My loss. I also found a $21 and change for the pound of citra at yakimavalleyhops.com.

Good luck with your sales, I'm sure they'll go fast.

Found it at labelpeelers which now that I looked it's gone up in price to $21 and change. They were having a 25% off sale and I didn't jump on it unfortunately. My loss. I also found a $21 and change for the pound of citra at yakimavalleyhops.com.

Label Peelers occasionally has a 30% off sale, so if you can afford to wait, that's what I'd do. If not, $21 is still pretty decent IMO considering that it's Citra. Probably my 2nd favorite hop at the moment, behind Mosaic.

What's the years on these? What do you consider a large quantity? How much do you have? Can I buy lbs?

The years vary. Most are the most recent harvest (2014). A few are 2013, though. Basically almost all of the American hops are 2014 and the German/Aussie hops are 2013. All of them have been kept at -5 degrees F and vacuum-sealed, so they are definitely fresh. I just have too damn many of them. Looking at my inventory in BeerSmith, I have 31 different varieties right now.

The most I could sell of any single variety right now is a single pound, and I can sell a pound of the following varieties: Simcoe pellets, Amarillo pellets, U.S. Goldings pellets, and Willamette pellets. As far as the other varieties, I have anywhere from 7 to 14 oz. of those.

If you (or anyone else) are buying more than just a few oz., I have smaller quantities of a few varieties that I didn't list, so feel free to ask if there is something specific that you are looking for.

I just edited the original post. I forgot to add, I also have hop shots for $3.75 (only 10 available, best price you will find anywhere!) and Apollo pellet hops (17.5% AA). Kind of got lost in the shuffle momentarily...

Check farmhouse brewing. They have awsome prices on hops
They also have experimental hops. I get hops when they try to sell off last years supply. I got 1# cascade pellet for 10.99

Check farmhouse brewing. They have awsome prices on hops
They also have experimental hops. I get hops when they try to sell off last years supply. I got 1# cascade pellet for 10.99

Farmhouse is great. I highly recommend them. They have pounds of Citra right now for $21 (leaf) and $23 (pellet). The shipping is really what kills it if you are only getting one pound or so. Regarding the Cascade, one thing to keep in mind is that it is U.K. Cascade, which will be slightly different than the U.S. Cascade that most of us are used to. Still a great deal, though.

I think I just replied to everyone's PM's. If I missed you, please let me know. Thanks!

I fear the answer, buy I figure I might as well ask...got any galaxy?

Also, how much would .5lb chinook and .5lb simcoe run me shipped to 03031?

Latest posts

Back