New brewer from Omaha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSGT09

Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of research on brewing in the past and this forum always comes up in a google search, so I figured it was time to register!

Just picked up my first equipment kit in October after toying with the idea of home brewing for many months. Purchased John Palmer's book over the summer which was full of so much great information that it pushed me over the edge and decided I needed to try this for myself.

Brewed my first batch last month, a Belgian Wit, and it turned out great so now I'm hooked. Looking forward to gaining more knowledge from everyone here!

Welcome. Good to see another Omaha brewer. Be sure to check out the four homebrew clubs we have in the area (I'm partial to one in particular :) )

I didn't know there were any homebrew clubs in the area! I'll have to check it out

i'm local in Omaha too, never heard of a beer club, can you direct me to the page or what not?

Other than the one in my sig ;) ?

There are four currently active clubs in Omaha that I am aware of.

OmaHops (The club I am a member of)
Omaha, NE 68144-4833
Phone: (402) 496-4717
Email: jpullum127 at aol dot com
www.omahops.org

South Omaha Brewers (SOB's)
Bellevue, NE 68123-1505
Email: sobrewers at gmail dot com
southomahabrewers.org

Railroaders Brew Club
Omaha, NE
Email: brian at railroadersbrewclub dot com
railroadersbrewclub.com

Brauer Unterstutzungs Verein (associated with the German American Society)
Omaha, NE
Phone: (402) 980-6837
Email: dsodrg at cox dot net

Back