Jacksonville, NC Brewers? And Co2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesignatedDrinker

Reaction score
Whats up fellas, just seeing who is brewing in jacksonville, NC. Im leaning towards joining this BAC2 brewing club that is ran out of Fermentation Station on Henderson Drive.

Also, where do you guys fill co2?

As far as I know you have 2 choices, Airgas or if you ask Tom or Hampton at the Fermentation Station there is a guy that fills tanks as well. I'm thinking he's a diver or a firefighter.

You should come out to the next club mtg on May 4th, It's IPA month after all. Not too many of us check in on here, but we do have a Facebook page if you haven't seen it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/193300487373317/

Ian

Hey hows it going. Ya i actually was at the last one. I was the guy that brought the cream ale and the Sweetwater 420 clone. Ill be at the next one, got a centennial ipa to share. I got my co2 filled by this guy named pat. The guys at fermentation station directed me to him. $10 for a 2.5lb

If you would like to check out our club, we have meetings at the fermentation station on the first Sunday of each month. We meet from usually 1PM to 5PM and we have a style guide we brew beers to, Ill list it below. We ask that you either brew a beer to the style of the month, or bring a commercial bought beer to compare, or bring food that goes with the style. We have a great time!

Here's the 2014 Gathering Style Schedule.
Feb: Scottish and Irish Ale (BJCP Category: 9)
Mar: American and English Pale Ales (BJCP Categories: 8 and 10A)
Apr: Lagers, Light, and Amber Hybrid Ales (BJCP Categories: 1 - 4, and 6,7)
May: IPAs (BJCP Category: 14 and all other specialty IPAs)
June: Belgian and French Ales (BJCP Category: 16)
July: Wheat and Rye (BJCP Categories: 6D and 15)
Aug: Fruit, SHV, Smoke/Wood, and Specialty (BJCP Categories: 20 - 23)
Sept: Other fermented beverages (ciders, meads, wines, etc)
Oct: Oktoberfests, Porters, and Stouts (BJCP Categories: 3B, 12, and 13)
Nov: Belgian Strong Ales (BJCP Category 18)
Dec: Party Time
Jan: Barleywine and Imperials (BJCP Categories: 19 and 23 Imperial)

Back