C02 and Cornys in Los Angeles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holjim

Reaction score
I just picked up one of those Home Depot Magic Chef Kegerators and was wondering if any of you L.A. brewers had any info on where to get cheap (or at least, reasonable) Cornys. I'm also looking for a nice place to get my C02 tank filled at a reasonable price.

Any info is much appreciated!

Jim

+1 to Steinfillers. They have decent prices too. Often just slightly more than online prices (so it comes out cheaper to buy there after you factor in shipping). Also a nice selection of ingredients and equipment. I wish they would make their website better though.

There is also a place in Culver City. But I only went once and they didnt have as much equip as Steinfillers. Maybe they were just low on stock.
Culver City Home Brewing Supply Co.

However, if you are looking for corneys i doubt you will get them cheap at any of these stores. Best bet is craigslist. But they dont come up often in LA. Nice to know ill have a little more competition when they do. :)

I like using steinfillers as my emergency place, or for quick little things. Everytime I go in there, the people who run the shop just seem off...

Whenever I need to do a big order, I head out to more beer in riverside. It helps that my parents live in riverside, so I can visit with them before or after I buy my beer crap.

edit: but the prices are pretty decent.

Everytime I go in there, the people who run the shop just seem off...

Kinda agree. Depends who you talk to though (as with all retail locations). The older guy that works there sure knows his stuff though (wish i knew his name). Not to say the other guys dont. But every now and then i got an obscure question and hes the one able to help me best.

If that kegerator is set up for sankey kegs, you're going to have to convert it to accept ball-lock kegs as well. CHI is a great company and has everything you need except for gas.

Thanks all. The brew shop I go to charges $40 (or $30 ea if you buy 2) but unless I'm off, CHI will get you four of them with shipping for about $100...not bad at all right?

Well...since I have a crowd coming for the De La Hoya fight Saturday, I think I'll hold off getting the kegs and disconnects for a week or so...I saw a nice 1/4 barrel of Karl Strauss Red Trolley ale at Bev Mo...might have to break it in with that. :D

If that kegerator is set up for sankey kegs, you're going to have to convert it to accept ball-lock kegs as well. CHI is a great company and has everything you need except for gas.

Latest posts

Back