Need More Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBugeater

Reaction score
I didnt know where to put this but I wanted to share...
I need more damn equipment and for the record my SWMBO thinks I am certifiable.

What is not shown in this picture is that to my right are 2 MORE carboys on a shelf and far to the left is another 5 gallon carboy with Apfelwein.

So I had 10 carboys going at one time. They have all completed fermentation and are in kegs or have been bottled. But the bad part is that while I now have open carboys I have no place to put finished beer If I made more.

I have 8 kegs and they are all full. I might have 20-30 bottles available but I like to keep some handy for keg bottling to take to parties or ssend to comps. I cant brew !! :(
We are having a big party in August and hope to burn through 4-5 kegs so I can brew again. :mug:

From my right to left... Not shown 10 gallons IPA, 10 Gallons American Wheat, 5 gallons Apfelwein, 10 Gallons Porter, 10 Gallons Pale Ale, Not Shown 5 Gallons Apfelwein.
MyBeer.jpg

The way I see it, you have two choices here. You've reached critical capacity so you can either ramp up your homebrewing setup or go pro and invest in the equipment and open your own brewery! ;)

Ask SWMBO which one appeals to her.:D

I know the problem. 2 months ago, I didn't have a damn thing to drink from a keg. So I brewed a ton. Now I only have 1 open keg to fill (as soon as I wash it, it gets my Apricot Wheat into it!), and 10 gallons OktoberFAST/10 gallons Apfelwein sitting on the living room floor, waiting for a keg to live in.

I'm actually going to the Annapolis HBW today to pick up more supplies. After a trip to Cantlers for crabs of course.:rockin:

It's too bad you're so far north. I've got 8 cases of empties in the basement doin' nothin'. If you ever wind up down south this-a-way, PM me and they're yrs.

I have some bottles, but most of my stash of bottles are full too :). I'm not complaining by any means, just never thought I would get to a point where I had all this beer on hand.

But for any new brewers out there... This is where you want to be so that you aren't impatient trying to test that new beer. I have plenty to drink without going and hitting the new stuff too soon.

The way I see it, you have two choices here. You've reached critical capacity so you can either ramp up your homebrewing setup or go pro and invest in the equipment and open your own brewery! ;)

Ask SWMBO which one appeals to her.:D

Well considering I just built a 15 gallon single tier this year as well as added a keezer to the bar, i have done the ramp up already. I think that means the only option is to go pro and open the brewery. I'll see what the SWMBO says about that and let you know... :p

Brew something nice and heavy that can hang out in the fermenter for a couple months. I'm sure a keg or two will empty by then :)

I agree. I signed up for the 09-09-09 Barleywine Swap so Ill be brewing a heavy beer here in a month. We are having a party and expecting 100-125 end of this month. We should put a good dent in the kegs, so I'll have more room then.

Anybody else fully expecting another 'SWMBO is on the rag and tried to kill me' thread in the near future?:D

No, it would be more of a 'roll of the eyes' reaction. If there is one thing I cant complain about its the support of the SWMBO regarding my hobby...er....obsession. She's a keeper..thats for sure. She puts up with all my brewing.

No, it would be more of a 'roll of the eyes' reaction. If there is one thing I cant complain about its the support of the SWMBO regarding my hobby...er....obsession. She's a keeper..thats for sure. She puts up with all my brewing.

That's good to know. I almost had to sleep out on the couch when I unilaterally reinvested in start up brewing gear a couple of years ago. SWMBO doesn't drink beer and was furious. Since her coworkers come over almost every week and drink my beer and it's really helped her network, she's a lot more supportive of my brewing, too. ;)

Mine doesn't like beer either. Or I should say, she drinks Miller, squirrel piss, etc. She does however sample everything and give me a "review". I have started recording her reviews and hope to post them soon. They are quite funny.

Back